Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New guy from NH

Griz

NH
I found Too thanks to ajupsman, a member here also from NH. From what I'm seeing and reading this place is really active. I see some familiar names and friends from another site. One of those friends Chuckc has already helped me with a problem posting, thanks chuck. I'm a life long whitetail hunter and have been hunting Ohio since 09. I'm hooked, and as long as my heath is good, will make the trip down every Nov. Looking forward to keeping in touch with old friends and making new ones.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Hi griz! Good company here. So how different is it hunting ohio than eastern woods? I've always wondered what it would be like back there....

Griz

NH
Hi griz! Good company here. So how different is it hunting ohio than eastern woods? I've always wondered what it would be like back there....
The big difference is Ohio has more deer and open hard woods. Some of NH woods is wilderness hunting with large mountains. You can run into bear or moose .the season for them are short and limited. NH kills an average of about 10 thousand deer a year with a gun season of a month or more . Our woods have a lot of soft wood, pine, hemlock, cedar. If I were to offer to swap hunts with you , you would get the short end of the stick. It's we're I live and I still hunt every year with a bow, but I gladly make a 14 hr drive to SE Ohio and hunt public land. I see more bucks in one week of hunting in Ohio than I do all year in NH. I don't mean to sound so negative about my home state but you guys really have good whitetail hunting. Thanks for asking, hope it was helpful.