Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Conservation Kit-Free

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I have recieved this package and its actually not that bad...the night lights are great for the bathrooms...the whistling device for your furnaces air filter seems like it would be annoying...we haven't used any of the light bulbs yet though....and yes we will prbly pay for it somehow...perhaps it has already been paid for.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have recieved this package and its actually not that bad...the night lights are great for the bathrooms...the whistling device for your furnaces air filter seems like it would be annoying...we haven't used any of the light bulbs yet though....and yes we will prbly pay for it somehow...perhaps it has already been paid for.

The PUCO not only allowed cost recovery for the items, they also allowed cost recovery for the saved energy that wasn't used. This cost recovery is spread over everyone's bill. So not only are you paying for the kit, you're also paying for energy you didn't use but would have. It's a pretty good scam if ask me. giving something away, charging you for it secretly on everyone's bill, then charging you for the energy it saved.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
The PUCO not only allowed cost recovery for the items, they also allowed cost recovery for the saved energy that wasn't used. This cost recovery is spread over everyone's bill. So not only are you paying for the kit, you're also paying for energy you didn't use but would have. It's a pretty good scam if ask me. giving something away, charging you for it secretly on everyone's bill, then charging you for the energy it saved.

Sad indeed....have to tell my wife to quit signing up for "free" shit...but the lights are still great

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

If its a secret charge on the bill how do you know about it? Lol. It has very little to do with cost recovery, the driver is sb221 whicht btw only had 1 vote against it. Sb221 created the rps which in turn wags the efficiency dog. cheapest power plant is the one you don't have to build.

Cfl bulbs suck anyways. The leds are nice tho but so pricey

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If its a secret charge on the bill how do you know about it? Lol. It has very little to do with cost recovery, the driver is sb221 whicht btw only had 1 vote against it. Sb221 created the rps which in turn wags the efficiency dog. cheapest power plant is the one you don't have to build.

Cfl bulbs suck anyways. The leds are nice tho but so pricey

I did work for the other large power company in this state. You're right. It has little to do with cost recovery and more to do with energy efficiency. But it should be communicated better that the people are paying for these programs on their bills. Not only the cost of the goodies, but also the cost of the energy they didn't use because of it. Which is bs. Charging people for something they didn't purchase or use because it's the only way to get power companies to go along with the energy reduction plan. it's a scam. Want to subsidize energy efficient products fine. But don't charge people for the loss of power consumption because of it.

Huckleberry Finn

I did work for the other large power company in this state. You're right. It has little to do with cost recovery and more to do with energy efficiency. But it should be communicated better that the people are paying for these programs on their bills. Not only the cost of the goodies, but also the cost of the energy they didn't use because of it. Which is bs. Charging people for something they didn't purchase or use because it's the only way to get power companies to go along with the energy reduction plan. it's a scam. Want to subsidize energy efficient products fine. But don't charge people for the loss of power consumption because of it.

Yup now that is something I can agree with. Trust me, we are still better of than the looney tune states

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The cost is spread across my bill, your bill, and every Ohio Edison customer's bill.
It would be up to you to make a claim for the bulb package you've already paid for.

You mean up to you to make a claim for a product they automatically forced you to buy yet didn't automatically send you. And forced you to pay for power you never used. Sounds like theft to me. I think I'll send the state a bill for contract work I never performed and have no intention of unless they call and request me to. Think they'll pay it? They should be forced to. Same principal.

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Says right online that you have been paying for the kit in your monthly bills. Didnt see the part on the unused energy.....greedy bastards. Back to Kerosene lamps!!

Huckleberry Finn

Says right online that you have been paying for the kit in your monthly bills. Didnt see the part on the unused energy.....greedy bastards. Back to Kerosene lamps!!

And that is the best "not a forward looking statement" that I have ever seen.