Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Am I the only one?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I was just wondering if I'm the only one who stops wearing regular deodorant, cologne, and does not use the normal soap (old spice swagger) in the shower for four months out of the year. I only shower with scent free soap and use scent free deodorant regardless if I'm hunting or not.

teej89

NE PA
I was just wondering if I'm the only one who stops wearing regular deodorant, cologne, and does not use the normal soap (old spice swagger) in the shower for four months out of the year. I only shower with scent free soap and use scent free deodorant regardless if I'm hunting or not.

This is the first i've heard of this sooooooooooooooooooo....... Yes. lol And I don't get winded often, well that I know of.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I use regular toiletries thru the week then the scent free stuff starting Friday morning.
Scent free laundry detergent and smoker and I'm all good.

Treed

Stark County

Lol....yeah, right here. Guilty. I do most of my own laundry because my wife has to deal with the kids never ending piles of clothes, so for these four months I'm even using scent killer laundry detergent on everything. I don't want to put on clothes smelling like Tide then change into my hunting gear. Pretty much from October to Feburary, it's scent free everything from deodorant to detergent. I smell like a ghost. Lol.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I realized the other day I've got 5 bottles of scent killer in the shower and nothing else besides the wife's and kids stuff she tells me I have problems. I told her at least she won't have to buy me any soap for awhile.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Guilty:smiley_coolpeace:

Lmao! Couldn't wait to put some Mennen musk speed stick on yesterday afternoon before work!lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
All I use is Dove unscented soap and arm and hammer unscented deodorant. No cologne.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I don't don't wear any smell good stuff during deer season. I even go as far as to wash my normal clothes in scent free detergent.

I usually buy the Sure or the Arm & Hammer unscented deodorant and use Ivory soap pretty much year round. Shampoo I use what-ever the wife or kids have unless I'm getting ready for a date with the treestand, then it's what ever unscented stuff I have left.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Sounds like I'm not the only one then. I've conditioned the ol lady to understand the ways of scent control, She don't think I'm that crazy anymore lol After smelling the scent a way fresh earth detergent last year the ol lady said we need some to wash the bed sheets and shower towels in, I said ok!

Last edited:
Along the lines, I've pissed and moaned enough about scented laundry detergent and dryer sheets so we only buy unscented stuff that way as well. I still go through the ritual of cleaning things up with unscented/no UV brightener detergent but it gives me more peace of mind that it's already pretty close to being ready when I take over to wash everything.

rooster85

Lake County

I do the same thing. I also used to keep sage in my truck when i lived out west that way id always be stink free, now i keep fresh earth cent wafers in the cab. Lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not quite as extreme as you guys but close. Irish Spring most days, but the days I am hunting it is scent free soap. Arm and Hammer scent free deodorant started a couple months back. Not a huge fan of it, but I use it. Not a cologne guy unless you count the smell of mulch, firewood dust, two stroke mix, or grass/dirt, all mixed with some sweat.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Lol....yeah, right here. Guilty. I do most of my own laundry because my wife has to deal with the kids never ending piles of clothes, so for these four months I'm even using scent killer laundry detergent on everything. I don't want to put on clothes smelling like Tide then change into my hunting gear. Pretty much from October to Feburary, it's scent free everything from deodorant to detergent. I smell like a ghost. Lol.
X2 just washed mine for my trip starting tomorrow.

Big H

Medina
You guys are not very hard core, I heard of a guy that used to do all that stuff you are talking about plus, shaved all his body hair, drank nothing but apple juice and water for months, ate apples and smoked up by a campfire in the "big woods".