Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shoot or pass?

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Just wondering what you guys would do, I'd realy like to see what this buck would do if left till next year but he would be hard to pass. What do you think? EK000041.jpgEK000031.jpgEK000032.jpgEK000033.jpgEK000450.jpgEK000151.jpg

I may have had some hard antlers pics of him if someone hadent stolen my cameras.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If he is in an area where he stood a good chance to make it this season I would let him walk. That buck has some growing to do and would be awesome in another year or 2. Looks like he is 2.5 or 3.5 at the oldest. I would also like to say, it would be a hard one to pass lol.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good looking deer man. I'd put him at 3.5 and that makes it a tough call. He will most likely blow up between this year and next. However he's no slouch now at the 135-140 mark. I'd probably shoot him knowing my neighbor would and if I did, I could duck hunt with a clear conscience. But in a perfect world, he needs one more year...

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
I'm pretty sure he is 3.5 He put on over 20 inches this year. He is a local and I think as long as none of the other guys on the lease get a chance to shoot him he has a good chance of making it till next year.
I've shot 5 bucks in the 130" range, And a 168" buck last year. I would love to see what he does in a year, I think he will blow up.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm pretty sure he is 3.5 He put on over 20 inches this year. He is a local and I think as long as none of the other guys on the lease get a chance to shoot him he has a good chance of making it till next year.
I've shot 5 bucks in the 130" range, And a 168" buck last year. I would love to see what he does in a year, I think he will blow up.

Given these details, and in your shoes, I would pass. You have at least 2 yrs of history to know he put on 20". This tells me he has a "chance" of making it to next year. You have a solid track record with nothing to prove to anyone. Let him ride brother.

For me personally this year? I would be shooting.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Given these details, and in your shoes, I would pass. You have at least 2 yrs of history to know he put on 20". This tells me he has a "chance" of making it to next year. You have a solid track record with nothing to prove to anyone. Let him ride brother.

For me personally this year? I would be shooting.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. If you think there is a chance he will make it, he will be awesome next year.

In this area though, that is as good a deer as you will find and I would shoot him.