Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

my future

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Got my daughter in the stand tonight. Didn't see any but she seemed too enjoy it. This was her second time out. The first time was Saturday morning and we had a shooter at 60 yards but he wouldn't close the distance for us. I was worried she would get discouraged after seeing nothing tonight, but when we got in the truck she said when can we go again. Made oil dad feel good to hear that. IMG_20131022_171812.jpg:smiley_bril:

Great to hear she is enjoying herself!! Probably good that she has an encounter here and there and once in a while nothing, it's good to remind them that it's hunting and not shooting and nothing in life is guaranteed!! Congrats on the new hunting partner!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great to hear it. Sound like you get your kids active in the outdoors quite a bit. Good for you and good for them!

Looks a couple years older than my daughter. This means it is a great time to have some father/daughter time. Those days will become fewer and farther in between I am sure. I don't look forward to those days. My daughter has no desire to get out there with me yet.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Great to hear she is enjoying herself!! Probably good that she has an encounter here and there and once in a while nothing, it's good to remind them that it's hunting and not shooting and nothing in life is guaranteed!! Congrats on the new hunting partner!!

Yes that's what I explained to her. If it was easy everybody would do it. She knows how much time it takes to score as she has seen my ups and downs of hunting over the years.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Great to hear it. Sound like you get your kids active in the outdoors quite a bit. Good for you and good for them!

Looks a couple years older than my daughter. This means it is a great time to have some father/daughter time. Those days will become fewer and farther in between I am sure. I don't look forward to those days. My daughter has no desire to get out there with me yet.

She is eleven Phil going on 21 lol. Your right we better enjoy these years while we can.