Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NoDak 2013

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Leaving for North Dakota this Friday at 3:30 p.m.! Four buddies and myself are heading out for our second annual waterfowl trip. The weather for next week is looking awfully ducky... I can't wait to get there! The only thing that bums me out is that my pup Betty will have to stay at home due to space limitations. We've got a couple other older dogs going with us, so Betty girl will have to wait until 2014.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I had no idea you were heading out again. I'm jealous. Travel safe, have fun, and take plenty of pics!! Good luck Jim!!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Good luck buddy. I'd sure like to be goin out in 2014 along with betty . Lol . I need to get more vacation time somehow .

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Have a fun and safe trip Jim.

I gotta ask , when are we going to schedule a TOO trip like this? I am a complete novice eager to get into the waterfowl arena, but figure there has to be enough guys here who would be interested in a trip.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's a great trip. More fun than any man should have in one week that's for sure. Figure on spending 700-1000 bucks per man if you go. The most expensive part is the fuel to get there and back.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That's why you drive a Subaru!!

It's pulling the trailer full of decoys, layout blinds, ammo, plastic storage totes stuffed with everything waterfowl hunting related imaginable that gets ya.

It's a great way to spend a week, and you can truly freelance hunt. It's also a working vacation, and you need to have that understanding going into it. You're going to grind yourself the whole week, driving aimlessly around for hundreds of miles, chasing flocks of ducks & geese across the open country to find out which field they're feeding in. Then you're driving back to camp, eating what you've killed that day, passing out for a few hours sleep, waking up early to drive back out the field you scouted the night before, setting up blinds and decoys to hunt. Hunting the morning, picking up the spread & packing it into the trailer, cleaning birds, taking a nap if there's time before you need to get up and go scout again for the next hunt...

God it's awesome!! Have fun Jim!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's pulling the trailer full of decoys, layout blinds, ammo, plastic storage totes stuffed with everything waterfowl hunting related imaginable that gets ya.

It's a great way to spend a week, and you can truly freelance hunt. It's also a working vacation, and you need to have that understanding going into it. You're going to grind yourself the whole week, driving aimlessly around for hundreds of miles, chasing flocks of ducks & geese across the open country to find out which field they're feeding in. Then you're driving back to camp, eating what you've killed that day, passing out for a few hours sleep, waking up early to drive back out the field you scouted the night before, setting up blinds and decoys to hunt. Hunting the morning, picking up the spread & packing it into the trailer, cleaning birds, taking a nap if there's time before you need to get up and go scout again for the next hunt...

God it's awesome!! Have fun Jim!!

Ha! You nailed it, brother! It's a vacation.. no doubt... but when the week's over it sure doesn't feel like you were on vacation. lol It's a lot of fun but it takes a lot out of you too. I can't wait to get there!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck and safe travels buddy! Even though I've never waterfowled you guys make it sound fun! Looking forward to seeing your pics!