Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ten Point purchases Horton assets

Treed

Stark County
This is the part most of you will want to see....

“Recently it appeared that Horton’s ability to operate deteriorated.” Bednar said. “The company released most of its employees in April, and its primary (secured) creditor finally took possession of all Horton’s assets, and closed its doors. We have purchased machinery, equipment, and other selected assets, including trademarks, licenses, and the rights to the Horton name from the secured creditor. It is important to understand that we did not purchase the Horton Archery LLC operation. That operation no longer exists, and TenPoint will not continue making or servicing any of Horton’s current or past bow models.”

Here's a link to the page and the whole story
http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3085

Bought my wife a Vision 175 last spring. I guess the warranty is worth squat now. :smiley_confused_vra

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This is the part most of you will want to see....

“Recently it appeared that Horton’s ability to operate deteriorated.” Bednar said. “The company released most of its employees in April, and its primary (secured) creditor finally took possession of all Horton’s assets, and closed its doors. We have purchased machinery, equipment, and other selected assets, including trademarks, licenses, and the rights to the Horton name from the secured creditor. It is important to understand that we did not purchase the Horton Archery LLC operation. That operation no longer exists, and TenPoint will not continue making or servicing any of Horton’s current or past bow models.”

Here's a link to the page and the whole story
http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3085

Bought my wife a Vision 175 last spring. I guess the warranty is worth squat now. :smiley_confused_vra

Yeah. This happened like last spring. And you're right. Most retailers are not telling their customers the xbows no longer have a warranty. However. Email ten point. A bird told me they have tons of parts. However they will refer you to another email that looks like it's not ten point.