Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone shooting Slick Trick Magnums?

I've shot the Razor Tricks, but thought I'd try the Magnums, this year. Slick Tricks have never let me down for both field point accuracy and same P.O.I. as my field points. I killed a nice buck in '09 with a Razor Trick. I'm curious to see what I'll kill with the Magnum model. :smiley_chinrub:

Here's a shot from 30 yards: I'm ready!

Bowhunter57

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Yes. This is the hole from Friday. Through the front leg, through the heart and into a tree from the ground. They are accurate and sharp. You can get them on eBay from Bowhunterssuperstore pretty cheap!
uploadfromtaptalk1382148592904.jpg

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What's the difference between the Magnum and Standard? Our Dist. carries the Standard 100 gr. but not the Magnum.
Going to try a different broadhead since I didn't get a pass through at 14 yds.

loose_is_fast

McClure
I find the no pass through hard to imagine if it was a good shot. I made a horrible shot at 32 yards and hit a mature doe in the spine and the arrow was complete pass through.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Took a doe using ST MAGS for the first time today. It wasn't a complete passthrough. The shot was at about 18 yards and quartering away. I aim for the exit and the exit was the off side shoulder. The arrow was sticking out of the shoulder and got broke off. I must say though to exit through a shoulder and get broke off with only 6" of arrow left in her is pretty impressive.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think I have only had one Slick Trick not "pass thru". After field dressing, upon skinning, I found out why. Passed thru ribs, far side shoulder, but on the downward angle it hit the knee on the offside front leg. In all truthfulness, it did pass thru but bounced back off the leg. Two good holes still.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I find the no pass through hard to imagine if it was a good shot. I made a horrible shot at 32 yards and hit a mature doe in the spine and the arrow was complete pass through.

I hit my buck at a little high at 14 yds. from 20 ft. high at a angle and the buck ran off with 6 in. sticking out behind the left front shoulder. I found the arrow at 100 yds. with blood on the fletching. There was a second exist hole just in front of the right rear leg. So I guess I had a complete pass through but not at impact. I was disappointed on effect.