Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

who and how

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Who and how are you guys making mock scrapes. With what lures? When and where? And do the work ? Been seeing a lot of territorial scrapes over the weekend on the edges. :smiley_chinrub:

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I usually start around this time or late October. I typically look for existing scrapes, and make mock ones about 50 to 100 yards away. If ones close to my stand, I'll make one on the opposite side of my stand. I use homemade lure. I don't believe in Tinks, code blue, yatta yatta. If you dot see existing stapes. I make em on feild edges where there are nice licking limbs hanging down. That or logging roads, and trail crossings. I like to see a few before I start making them to. And I don't overdue it. Maybe 2-3 per property. Tops.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Now is the time if you haven't already made them. I like to pick overhanging branches in high traffic areas. I've tried a variety of lures including my own piss and most will get deer to stop. I think the smell of fresh dirt attracts them as much as anything. I used EverCalm and Monster Raxx Whitetail Magnet to start the ones yesterday. I used that to draw them in and was interested to see if just the smell of fresh tossed dirt would be enough to get them started. Both spots are on the edge of food plots and one was started with a tree I transplanted just for this purpose...

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Now is the time if you haven't already made them. I like to pick overhanging branches in high traffic areas. I've tried a variety of lures including my own piss and most will get deer to stop. I think the smell of fresh dirt attracts them as much as anything. I used EverCalm and Monster Raxx Whitetail Magnet to start the ones yesterday. I used that to draw them in and was interested to see if just the smell of fresh tossed dirt would be enough to get them started. Both spots are on the edge of food plots and one was started with a tree I transplanted just for this purpose...
Have you been back to the scrapes you started with the ever calm yet,if so what do you think?