Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

getting close

badger

*Supporting Member*
I wish I could say yes, but I can't. It's not looking like I'll have time to trap much. Hoping to see a bunch here from all of you other guy's lines.

Good luck this season Yotehunter!

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I haven't had much time either badger do too being busy farming. But I did take advantage of the shitty weekend and dig the traps out. I'm planning on setting a few more yote sets this year and have to beef up the gear . Still got to order bait and lure yet and more steel for the yotes.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
im going after yotes with leg hold this year...i've had enough of their handy work in my area. cant wait to run lines again. been 20+ years for me. never had yotes back in the day.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
im going after yotes with leg hold this year...i've had enough of their handy work in my area. cant wait to run lines again. been 20+ years for me. never had yotes back in the day.

Same here man. But I'm going to snare them using the law of averages and hit them hard for two weeks in the jan/feb snow. There won't be a trail or hole in the brush that doesn't have a loop hung in it. You can buy 120 snares with locks, swivels, and stops for $145 at snareshop. I'm gonna knock their dicks in the dirt.

yotehunter

spencerville oh

With the leg holds they are just a big fox Milo, it just takes a few adjustment's with your steel and placement and a little more patience than a fox good luck keep us posted.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Will do. Its going to be fun..we have some fat dogs here so im maybe finna run 2 earth anchors with them..still undecided about shock springs.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Will do. Its going to be fun..we have some fat dogs here so im maybe finna run 2 earth anchors with them..still undecided about shock springs.

Yea definitely two anchor and I'm going with shock springs on my yote traps. I cought one last year in a fox set and it was only a 1 1/2 and a single 24 inch stake and he had it over half way out before he pulled the jaw out lol. He truly destroyed that trap. I did get revenge a week or so later when I had him by both front feet.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I bought some sleepy creeks and some bridgers..need to fetch them up and see what i have...i need to night latch some also.. coons gotta die to so i need to spray off my DPs

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Pulled a cam card today and low and behold 3 fuggin coyotes...one big one..can i tie off to trees?