Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hi-Standard Sport King .22

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have a chance to pick one up in that great condition for $250. Anyone have any experience with these pistols?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382276998.508606.jpg

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have the model HB and HD. Great guns. Put it this way Joe. If you don't wanna come off the money I will :) The Sport King isn't my favorite of the line but still better than most today. They go for about $150 or more than that in "good" condition.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks bud. I knew the price was right just wondered if anyone had experience with the gun. I'm going to go shoot it tonight and am about 95% sure I'll pick it up.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Just make sure to run standard velocity through it or you can possibly crack the frame. I am with Charles I will buy it off you at that price if you don't want it and it runs

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ended up taking it home. The damn things in excellent condition with one spot of holster wear on the barrel. Got the holster too. Feeds and fires great. Rifling is clean and crisp.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382322119.186755.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382322134.745698.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
For you guys that may be interested. He also had a 1905 or 1906 Parker bro SxS that looks like it was bought last year. Not a pit in the barrel inside or out. Still snappy when closing and opening. I only saw one tiny ding on the whole damn gun. Not refinished. Damn things cherry. Beautiful tiger striped wood (not original). That's the only downside. Can't remember if he wanted 1000 or 1500.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
He also had a Remington model 4 rolling block 22 takedown with octagon barrel. Circa 1900-1905. Forget what he wanted for it. I think about 650. It's in tougher shape. Some rusting on the barrel and rifling has seen a few hundred rabbits but it's in great shape.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
He also had a Remington model 4 rolling block 22 takedown with octagon barrel. Circa 1900-1905. Forget what he wanted for it. I think about 650. It's in tougher shape. Some rusting on the barrel and rifling has seen a few hundred rabbits but it's in great shape.

Can't help much with that one as the HS. But my older pricing guide has it at $900 in Excellent condition so that one may be priced a little high.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You'll like your H-S. I've got the H-S Military model with the exposed hammer and it's functions perfectly too. I use mine for a farm carry around pistol.
I have a extra magazine for the Military model but I don't believe it'll fit your model. I'll check with a expert magazine guy to find out. Avoid the after-market magazines as most don't function.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You'll like your H-S. I've got the H-S Military model with the exposed hammer and it's functions perfectly too. I use mine for a farm carry around pistol.
I have a extra magazine for the Military model but I don't believe it'll fit your model. I'll check with a expert magazine guy to find out. Avoid the after-market magazines as most don't function.

I shot it some more last night. Talk about a shooter! Accurate little sucker. And the trigger is flat out awesome, I bet the pull is only about 6oz. I can see a ton of snared yotes falling victim to this pistol this winter.