Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Would You?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Shoot a doe the first week of Nov, if you were in my situation?

-I now live in Texas, I will get to hunt come Nov 1st -Nov 9th. I will also be back around thanksgiving to hunt a few days, also Christmas, and maybe a long weekend in early Dec or after Xmas to hunt. So I will still probably get 12+ days in a tree this year. FYI

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If I were you, I'd shoot whatever I felt like shooting that gave me an opportunity, which strangely is exactly what I'd do if I were me.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
hahah Brock if I shot every deer I felt like shooting there would be no deer in my woods left! I love to shoot them! haha

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'd hold out for a buck and use the other trips home for the doe taking.... First trip home should be good too have as many does as you can get around you.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Do you need the meat? If so, shoot one. If not, hold out. I think you will know when you are in the tree stand. If you are just jonesin to shoot one while you are home I have a feeling the does won't be safe. If you are just there to enjoy it and trophy hunt, I think you will know.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I usually let the weather conditions, location of deer( easy recovery) and how badly I need the meat, helps me answer your question. Good luck on your season.