Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mike Rex

Lundy

Mike,

You obviously have connections to get some data. The two e-mail questions I sent to the DOW last year requesting information both went unanswered.

If you have a chance could you find out the BB kill during the 2 day MZ hunt please?

The Bonus gun had a BB harvest percentage of 18.4% in 2012 and 19.3% in 2011.

I am curious to see if the fawns being 2 months younger and smaller (can anyone say spots still on some:))had any effect on the selective harvest of the hunters and affected the ratio of the BB to doe total harvest at all.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lundy

I did just look at the yearly comparison numbers for week 3 compared to the numbers for week 2

Last week there were 984 bucks killed, 7,379 does, 1287 buttons, a 14.9 % ratio for last week

Year to date 15,791 antlerless dear tagged with 2245 being buttons for a 14.2 ratio.

The numbers supplied by the DOW don't differentiate the doe to button ratio for the MZ season. The numbers to date are 4%+ less than the historical ratio of the 2 day Bonus, for what ever that is worth in the big picture.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Send the questions again via the "contact us" section. Say in the heading that it is a open records request pursuant to the freedom of information act. They are required by law to respond.