Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Antlerless Deer Muzzleloader Season harvests...

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Humph... I sat w/ my daughter all weekend and never saw a single of the 200 does killed in Ashtabula.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We killed 72 does in the largest land mass county in the state. And now the DNR is pushing the need to kill does so we can help the needy! How about refunding my tag fee if I donate my deer then if you are so worried about helping the needy...

Lundy

I think that many feel that the Feed the Hungry program is not really about feeding the hungry as a primary goal

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
We killed 72 does in the largest land mass county in the state. And now the DNR is pushing the need to kill does so we can help the needy! How about refunding my tag fee if I donate my deer then if you are so worried about helping the needy...

do they stil pay for the processing of the deer if you donate it?

Lundy

So, feeding the needy and hungry is an "unintended consequence" of the farmers feeding the hungry program?

To a certain extent absolutely yes.

This is another method to encourage deer harvest by many that otherwise would not kill a 2nd or 3rd deer or 4th deer.

The DNR wants more deer killed, they even encourage that hunters kill more DOES for the hungry.

Ohio hunters are encouraged to hunt more does this season to help the needy in their area

I submit that more good could probably be done for the hungry by donating the money that is used to pay processing instead of the deer meat.

I donate personally to help those less fortunate than me every year, but I don't kill a deer to do it.

Last edited: