Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ladybugs

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Is there a fix for these things. Came home today to see a swarm around the house and the front door. They're all over the house in and out. I've already whipped out the sweeper a few times.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
They are Asian Lady bugs. They effing bite and they stink when you smash them. I think they come in from the fields and try to get inside.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
One year they were so thick that they were inside every light fixture in our house. That means they were in the walls. We would suck up hundreds of them everyday.

JPN

coshocton
We have them pretty bad. I read your suppose to burn mulberry candles, they don't like the smell. It also said to use a Vicks humidifier.

hammerhead

they were imported around 2000 to be an alternative to spraying aphids in soy bean fields. they were not supposed to be able to reproduce.rotflmao

That is why they show up during bean harvest.Not a whole lot you can do to prevent them from getting into the house as they get behind siding and crawl around till they find a crack to get in. perimeter spraying will help as well as treating the inside of window frames with either a pesticide like cy-kick aerosol or tri die dust.

I have seen attics that have them dead up to 2 inches thick.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
they were imported around 2000 to be an alternative to spraying aphids in soy bean fields. they were not supposed to be able to reproduce.rotflmao

That is why they show up during bean harvest.Not a whole lot you can do to prevent them from getting into the house as they get behind siding and crawl around till they find a crack to get in. perimeter spraying will help as well as treating the inside of window frames with either a pesticide like cy-kick aerosol or tri die dust.

Where have you been you lurker?

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark

I had never heard this before. The beans by my house were harvested this weekend and now my house is covered with them. Very interesting. (and irritating!)