Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boarhead's Fall/Winter trailcam pic's

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I had the trailcam pics from summer titled Growing Fast so figured i would start a new thread since they are done growing and in hard antler's now.I have some pic's of buck's hitting the feeder's and put some whole corn down also.The bucks seem to prefer the whole corn better than the shelled corn.I also started a few mock scrapes last week like i do every year and it sure did'nt take them long to start hitting them.I usually start them the first of September but held off this year as i wanted them to start hitting them while season is in and maybe get on a big one while it is new to them.Have several nice ones working them even the Split Brow buck. phpWCXG1rPM.jpgphp45A7tcPM.jpgphpFw5TAUPM.jpgphp6AU35fPM.jpgphpHqVMJBPM.jpgphpYkiyi0PM.jpgphpFTPUFXPM.jpg

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phpjeaTCHPM.jpgphpZW7chBPM.jpgphpGGLWOPPM.jpgphpM5DM2aPM.jpgphpLL3deOPM.jpgphpOI4PGSPM.jpgphpaoDqRSPM.jpgphpxMVs5MPM.jpgphpjeaTCHPM.jpgphpZW7chBPM.jpgphpGGLWOPPM.jpgphpM5DM2aPM.jpgphpLL3deOPM.jpgphpOI4PGSPM.jpgphpaoDqRSPM.jpgphpxMVs5MPM.jpgI do think IMO if you want to know what buck's are in your area go out and try some mock scrapes.Get them going early and get the cam's on them I have been making them for over 25 years and have gotten some nice pictures over those year's.I just started these last week and it still amazes me how mush action they get.These are just the buck pics but i have lots of doe's checking them out also.I will update in a few week's.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome series of scrape pics Brian! Awesome stuff!!!! Nice bucks in there TOO! Reminds me I need to check my cam over a scrape on the land I hunt. I have it in video mode TOO....:pickle:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
LOVE that big 8! Im a sucker for them!!! That mule deer looking buck has a TON of potential to be world class! That super wide buck is an absolute slob TOO!

joejoe8

Great pics an bucks, scrape pics are my favorite way to take inventory. Your pics have me wanting to drive 9hours to move all my cameras in Ohio. lol

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Awesome pics. How do you make your mock scrapes??
I just find a good area and tree with overhanging branches then work the ground up and put a good deer lure in it and a little on the over hanging branches.The ones i started last week they are hitting and have also opened some up of their own.Once they take them over i just add a little lure to the branches whenever i am in hunting or checking cams.I always have a mock scrape close to my stand setup's that i can keep lured up and never have to hang any scent canisters out when i am in hunting.It is just more natural.The lure i use is a gel based lure as it lasts alot longer than liquid lures.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phpUi4ZTNPM.jpgphptsTIIuPM.jpgphprHB1NDPM.jpgWent into hunt last week and lured up a mock scrape on my way to the stand and had this big 7 pointer hang around for awhile and hit the scrape just before dark.Had him at 30 yd's and gave him a pass.I pretty much just lure the overhanging limbs now as all of the bucks coming in are pissing in the scrapes now so no need to put any lure in them.Pretty cool sequence of pics me luring it him working it and me leaving after he left.