Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random Paypal Question

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I have taken and sent deposits through Paypal before on puppies, but that has always been to hold a pup for a couple of days until they can get here to pick the pup up. However, I usually have the money within 10 minutes or so.

So, my line of thinking is that I can advertise that I accept Paypal, then when someone actually shows up at my house, they simply log in to their account, send me the money, and log back out. Then I log in and wait a few minutes to make sure the transaction went through.

Anyone see any flaw with this idea?

The reason I'm asking is that I have someone coming from Cincinnati and I really don't want him driving for a couple of hours to get here and something screw up.

I've taken checks before in the past, but on this amount for pups, I feel safer only accepting cash or Paypal. I've also had people ask (in the past) if I accept credit cards, so I figured this was a way around that.

Thoughts?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
No problem as long as you do not accept the money as gifts. Gifts offer no protection if they were to cancel the transaction.

I use PayPal for work. Hell, I can pay for supplies at Home Depot straight out of my PP account.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Thanks, I had forgotten about the gifts part. It's been awhile (maybe a year or more) since I've taken deposits on a pup.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Not sure on your Paypal queston. But the dispute system on Paypal favors the sender of funds and not the receiver.
In this day and age cash is the best way out. IMHO

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
No problem as long as you do not accept the money as gifts. Gifts offer no protection if they were to cancel the transaction.

I use PayPal for work. Hell, I can pay for supplies at Home Depot straight out of my PP account.

Gifts work in the favor of the receiver. Senders can't dispute them. The risk with PayPal is they very heavily lean on the side of the sender. They can send you paypal. Then turn around and dispute it. And odds are they'll get it back even of you've withdrawn it to your bank.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Not sure on your Paypal queston. But the dispute system on Paypal favors the sender of funds and not the receiver.
In this day and age cash is the best way out. IMHO

True, but I've lost a few sales over the years because I don't take credit cards. Figured this was the best way around that. The puppies also have registration paperwork with individual numbers for them that I do keep a copy of.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have had multiple disputes both ways...won all of them. They are sender heavy but as long as you have proof you are good. Especially for credit card trams actions. Don't forget "the square" as a viable CC option.