Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

fuel time!

countryhunter50

Well its that time of year again. Time to start running the miles up on the truck scouting birds! Gonna be a rough first week with a lot of fields in the process of coming down and the birds moving fields every day.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Almost all the beans are gone around here and corn is starting to come off as well, still going to be a rough first week. Scouting all day tomorrow though

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Saw 50 or so mallards on a marsh this evening, and I know there are woodies cruising the creeks but nothing solid or set in stone yet!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
We have a bean field that just got planted to wheat that's holding geese right now. Let's hope the hold till sat. If not sure we will find a pond that will work.

countryhunter50

Yeah well I hope you southern boys don't have the pressure of crowded fields that I have to deal with. Not to mention the yuppies leasing everything up I hunted for the last 20 years.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I always pay attention to the fields around my travels to and from work...I get a little excited this time of year when the crops start coming down...I catch my self at home talking about it out loud and my wife always says "your weird"...I have a field I've been wanting to ask for permission on for 4 years now, just haven't made the effort to go and ask...they cut down the beans yesterday so the time is right for this weekend if I can get over there.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Yeah well I hope you southern boys don't have the pressure of crowded fields that I have to deal with. Not to mention the yuppies leasing everything up I hunted for the last 20 years.

You can thank Duck Dynasty for that one. Its been increasing over the years but the amount of TARDS I've seen this year without an ounce of knowledge or respect is unbelievable!

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Glad some of ya'll are seeing ducks in dry fields . I don't think I've ever seen a decent number of ducks in a dry field this early , and I dunno if I've ever seen em in dry beans . I must suck or the birds where I've hunted act different . Until we get migrant mallards I don't expect to get to hunt ducks in fields .

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Glad some of ya'll are seeing ducks in dry fields . I don't think I've ever seen a decent number of ducks in a dry field this early , and I dunno if I've ever seen em in dry beans . I must suck or the birds where I've hunted act different . Until we get migrant mallards I don't expect to get to hunt ducks in fields .

May have some more ponds up your way to hunt, ill fill you in tomorrow.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You can thank Duck Dynasty for that one. Its been increasing over the years but the amount of TARDS I've seen this year without and once of knowledge or respect is unbelievable!

I agree with you there. I've definitely noticed an influx of wing-wangs around the marshes this season....

countryhunter50

You just let me know when you want to come up. I would love to trade some North to south hunts and extend my season if the Secretary allows it.