Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cool field find

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I found this on my walk out Saturday evening. That's a big shoe!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381700292704.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381700292704.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 87
That's a hind bar preventer type shoe for a draft horse. They were designed for horses that extents one of they're hind feet to far forward thus ripping the shoe off the opposite hind foot. I've found a bunch of draft horse shoes but only one hind bar preventer type shoe.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
If you have never seen draft horses work i suggest you experience it. Man is it impressive..i watched then drag out oak logs in athens one morning and it was scarey cool..raw power

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That's a hind bar preventer type shoe for a draft horse. They were designed for horses that extents one of they're hind feet to far forward thus ripping the shoe off the opposite hind foot. I've found a bunch of draft horse shoes but only one hind bar preventer type shoe.

Cool, I figured it would probably be a draft horse shoe just never seen the full shoe like that before.... Thanks for clearing that up Tom.....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I had 2 draft horses pull my old honda accord out of a ditch once. I offered the amish guy a beer afterward but he declined lol so I bought some homemade jam from him.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you have never seen draft horses work i suggest you experience it. Man is it impressive..i watched then drag out oak logs in athens one morning and it was scarey cool..raw power

Yes sir! One of my favorite things is watching draft horse pulls at local fairs. Things are amazing!!!

Kaiser878

ohio
Look up "Big Ben" the draft horse. He is from Holmes county where I work.....he is the biggest around or in the state or something.....he is ginormous!!!!!!