Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Woodbury Outfitters Jeffersonville and Muck Boots

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Background: I bought a pair of Muck Woody Elites about 6-7 weeks ago.
Took them to Minnesota for my Bear hunt.
Used them in the field for 5 days of pretty rough hunting.
We were riding ATV's for miles upon miles then walking through terrain jagged with rocks and lots of swamps.
So these boots saw it all.

After a few days I noticed that the camo pattern on the inside of each leg was rubbing off.
Figured it was due to the ATV riding so for the next couple days I paid attention and kept my feet away from the farings on the quad.

Got home from the hunt and figured I would check into the warranty.
1 year warranty so I contacted Muck. They said to take them back to where I bought them and the would look at them.
As long as it was not caused by misuse they would be covered.

I figured oh great! I have seen how this works. You can call almost anything misuse. Maybe they weren't designed to be used the way I wanted them to be used and they would deny the claim.
The boots still were functional so I figured oh well I can still use them if they don't exchange them but I will see what happens.

Took the boots back last Tuesday to Woodbury Outfitters in Jeffersonville. They looked at them apologized and asked if I wanted a refund or another pair.
I was surprised to say the least. No questions, no arguing, they are standing behind the product, and they value their customer. WOW.
I asked for another pair. They went to get one came back and said they were out. Asked if I wanted to look at another style or if I wanted them to call me when they got a pair.
They said they had already ordered some and should have them in a few days.
I told them I would wait for a pair to come in and to let me know when they came in.

They called the next day and said they had my boots to come pick them up when I got a chance.

I was impressed with the way everything was handled. I am sure they could have said that the boots weren't designed to handle that kind of abuse but they didn't.
I will certainly buy Muck boots again and will do a lot of business with Woodbury as well.

Ricer2231

I really like the Mucks I have TOO. The only thing I don't like is how the camo is fading on the rubber part not the uppers but the rubber lower. I don't think this is the same as what you are talking about, if so sorry, but besides that I love em.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I really like the Mucks I have TOO. The only thing I don't like is how the camo is fading on the rubber part not the uppers but the rubber lower. I don't think this is the same as what you are talking about, if so sorry, but besides that I love em.

That was the same part as mine. It was the rubber part of the boot right below where it becomes the uppers. Basically on the ankle bone.
I am pretty sure mine did it from riding the ATV on very rough trails. All the bouncing around had the boots rubbing the side panels of the ATV and rubbed the Camo off to where the rubber was showing.

Did not think that it would cause them to rub the camo off or I would have kept my legs wider on the floor boards. I will in the future to save on wear and tear.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Glad to hear that.
Got some muck boots last year, makes me feel good to hear it.
And I'm headed sometime to Jville to visit that store, heard it's cool.