Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Getting Bummed Quick.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
As many of you know CJD and I work quite a bit of the time out of town. This year we work one week on and one week off, Awesome for deer season right? Will I have been home this week and been out twice ( today will make #3 ) and have yet to even see a deer. I truly did not expect to nail one since it's been very warm but I did hope to at least see something. I know, that is why it's called hunting.

Anyway I am thinking about trying something different but not sure what. Big Bro and I share our woods so I need to be careful not to do anything to screw up his area. I guess I am just bummed and venting.

I plan on taking Laura out when I get back home, at least I could score in the woods with her. :pickle: If things don't pick up regarding at least seeing something I am seriously thinking of hitting the rivers with Laura, at least I know I can bring home some Steel heads. Sigh................................. :smiley_baby:

Ok, carry on guys and best of luck.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I hear ya man, its this warm weather. I work afternoons so the only time I get to evening hunt is on the weekend. Its cooling down some and my buddy saw two does last night.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
It's still early, RD. the closer it gets to Halloween, the better it gets!
You having one week on and one off, is Great! I wished my boss would had the same schedule! Lol.
Good luck and hang in there.

Gordo

Athens County
Yeah dude, it is early. Long ways to go. Gotta love bow season.

I have yet to make my first sit, and am not stressing about it at all. Been doing a ton of other stuff though in preparation for it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I haven't had many opportunities either. Been plenty warm. Still plenty early. Last night I shot a bunch. Just be ready for that shot when the shot opportunity arrives. Missing an entire week could be a good thing. The week you are back in town might be the week they flip the switch and start moving.

lowegirl

I'm pretty lucky to have to have two weekdays off every week, and have plenty of time to hunt every Sunday evening so I don't wanna bitch to much. I haven't seen one deer yet this year. Would feel lucky to even see one outta range. Tryin' to be patient, and wait for it to cool off a bit more. Good luck!

themedic

OHIO
Its TOO early. Dont take the early season serious.

This morning will make my third hunt and I really should just go back to bed.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I know its early guys, not saying I expected to stick one, just would be nice to see some movement even 100 yards out. It will be OK just venting. Thanks for the encouragement guys.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I know its early guys, not saying I expected to stick one, just would be nice to see some movement even 100 yards out. It will be OK just venting. Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Quit your bitchin and go get laid or steel head fishing!!!!! hahaha.....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
1) It's early, it's hot, just hang on. Cooler weather is coming that'll get 'em moving.
2) You're not supposed to rut until November Jeffie, so tie a knot in it and go browse some apples or acorns. You'll need your strength soon.