Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

layout blind

countryhunter50

I am looking to get my dad a layout blind. He is really old school and refuses to buy one. He thinks the burlap and stubble works. I run all power hunters and have extra he could use but he hates them and won't hunt out of one. I want a low profile blind that still is comfortable for him. He has had some recent health problems in the form of 3 surgerys in 2 years to fix heart aneurysms. What do you guys use....go

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I just purchased a Northern Flight Ultimate layout blind. I have only used it for doves so far but I like it. Not having a pin system is great, less fighting while setting it up.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm no help. I bought a Tanglefree Deadzone and its HUGE! Forget what they had on our snow goose hunt, but I believe they were Finishers and I really liked them.

countryhunter50

I had a finisher but they are really heavy. I'm looking to find a xlander but I can't find them anywhere around my area to buy one. And I refuse to spend 250 for a blind...ultimate is out for that price

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
There you go . Good deal . I like the finisher style blinds. I have one finisher and a couple finisher knock offs . Its nice have one style blind when ya hunt with a group . Makes setup and tear down easier . I also have a cabelas Ultimate I think . Can't remember for sure . Its the one thats waterproof 10"" up the sides . I just use it for flooded fields .