Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mora/Morakniv knives...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Being a gun guy it is only natural from me to like knives also. Knives are what I started with first. Some of my favorites are big dollar pieces like ESEE, Benchmade, Randall, SOG, Spyderco, etc...

For the budget conscious I have found an awesome line of knives. Mora. You can get a razor sharp, 3/4 tang, high quality steel knife for under $20 for most models. I will be ordering another 1/2 dozen to be given out as gifts for Christmas. Some of the stats:

Model: Mora Companion MG
Steel: Sandvik Stainless, 57 on the hardness scale
Weight: 2.7 ounces
OAL: 8.7"
Blade Length: 4.1"
Blade width: .125"
Sheath: Polymer

The Companion MG Stainless has a dark green polymer handle with a black, textured, rubberized grip. The handle makes the knife very comfortable to hold and offers good traction in the hand. The knife also comes with a dark green polymer sheath with a drainage hole in the bottom. This is the only downside of this knife. The sheath is junk but work to hold it securely in a pack (which is how I use it). The blade is made of a cold-rolled stainless steel with a Rockwell Hardness Rating of 57. The blade comes in a Scandinavian grind, which holds an edge REALLY well.

I will have this one at Strouds to pass around...

I have cut up about everything I could think of around the house and it has surpassed all of my expectations. Looking forward to cutting up a few deer with it. If you're looking for an inexpensive, but razor-sharp camp/utility knife, you're looking for a Mora of one configuration or another!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Man that is a sweet little knife! Thanks for sharing, as I've never heard of them before. Do they make folding knives as well? I'm looking for a new folder to clip into my pocket.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
No folders. They make all fixed blades of all similar configurations. They also make the Frost Cutlery brand of kitchen knives. The next one I am buying for myself is the Bushcraft model.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I just bought one on eBay for $15.99 less $6.15 in eBay bucks for a total of $9.84 and free shipping. Thanks Been, I needed a new knife too!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Good call on this knife, Been. Mine came today and it's a damn good knife and I can't wait to gut a deer with it. The best part is the lack of "Made in China".

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Good call on this knife, Been. Mine came today and it's a damn good knife and I can't wait to gut a deer with it. The best part is the lack of "Made in China".

Hard to beat for the price. Great steel and a good edge. Everything else is just branding.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH