Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The "Big 6" from 2.5 to 4.5

buckstar25

T-county
This is at 2.5 and when he first got noticed. He was a regular on camera and was close to getting shot twice. Hundreds upon hundreds of pics of him that year. He was big bully also, running deer off of cam locations that had corn (during January/Feb.)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380941168.236924.jpg

Here he is last season, first glimpse we had was in velvet and got video of him making a rub. He sprouted some awkward brow tines and put on some mass but kept the "Big 6" frame. He was completely nocturnal all season. Pics all through season until March.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380941282.779382.jpg

This is him this year, his brows seemed to have gotten a bit longer but the jump in mass is impressive. I have a stand that I believe may give me an opportunity to get a shot at him. I am hoping our other cam has gotten him after these pics, the infra red is cool and all but I'd like to see full color.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380941709.203902.jpg

buckstar25

T-county
This cam had been there for the last month and nothing but does showed up. I checked it at 11:30 the same morning he showed up. I'll take that as a sign of good things to come.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Love the mass! Did he damage his right MB? His beam tip doesn't look like it comes out all the way. Hope you put that pig down, good luck!

buckstar25

T-county
Love the mass! Did he damage his right MB? His beam tip doesn't look like it comes out all the way. Hope you put that pig down, good luck!

Not sure, from the looks of it he has a tight curl on his right side. I'll try and lighten the pic up a bit, I have one with his head down but he is in the process of turning when camera snapped the picture.

buckstar25

T-county
The only other pic I have that is worth anything is bad either way, I lightened it up a bit and can't see his beams very well. I am hoping to lay eyes on him this year and if I am lucky enough, put a 490gr FMJ in him.

buckstar25

T-county
My nemesis decided to show up Nov. 14th mid morning, this is literally 10' from my buddies stand. My dad was 200yds over from here, 7 different shooters on cam between 8:00 and 12:00 noon......

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384814334.429738.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384814350.440024.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Damn, he looks old! An old warrior right there! Really makes you respect them when they reach that age! Thanks for sharing!