Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting in the Fog

Well I plain hate it

Not real sure why

But have had fog several mornings already this season

Makes me and everything wet
Dose help with the noise

But I still dislike it

How do you deal with hunting in the fog

John

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I always enjoyed it seems like it does mess with there senses I've shot several in the fog over the years but its usually been in the evenings after a front comes through.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I also love it. I have seen them moving through fog several times. The reason I like it is to me it just adds another element of beauty to it, especially with a frosty fog like Mike mentioned.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had some success last season in the fog. Was cussing myself for the late start. Got into the stand while still foggy but daylight. Deer didn't move until an hour after I got in the stand. Fog started to lift and the deer began to move. That said, I think it can be beneficial to be in the stand as the fog is lifting.

Huckleberry Finn

I also love it. I have seen them moving through fog several times. The reason I like it is to me it just adds another element of beauty to it, especially with a frosty fog like Mike mentioned.

Yup, the morning I shot my first with a bow it was foggy at sunup, cleared, and then got foggy again. Adds a really cool element and the deer were certainly moving that morning.

Its a good thing you like the fog, Hoyt, considering where you hunt!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I don't mind it and tend to welcome it as well. Don't like it for waterfowl, but it don't bother me or the deer from what I can tell...

Gordo

Athens County
Nothing like watching the sun cone up on a foggy morning in the deep woods. At a property i use to hunt years ago, just east of athens, the fog would always be epic. Lots of great mornings.

Ive seen a good share of deer sneaking through the fog. They look like ghosts. Beautiful stuff