Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's 2013-2014 Hunting Journal

Gordo

Athens County
Well I'm happy as hell right now. My mom and dad are in town. Got my dad settled in on stand about 3pm. He had the biggest smile on his face. Fuggin awesome!

Time to break the cherry on this season.

LIFE IS GOOD! WHOOOO HOOOO. I'm HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

more to come...

Gordo

Athens County
Great Hunt For My Dad. Oh so close.

Target buck came in shortly after 7. stood at 26 yards facing the stand for a good bit of time. Very relaxed. Dad was waiting for him to turn to give him the angle he needed. Before that could happen one of those Whoreish nanny does made her way directly under his stand with her youngins. She busted his ass. Not sure if it was scent or movement while adjusting for the shot. Probably both

The family group boogied, and 'Mr Right' slowly walked away and outta range. He seemingly stayed relatively relaxed and never picked him off. Just reacted to the does.

It was a great way to start the season. I was very proud of my dad for not taking a shitty straight on shot.

Trying to game plan for tomorrow. Prob going to stay aggressive on that same deer. Dads time a field is limited, and there's nothing to lose. The big big boys wont be moving into this property for a couple more weeks anyway. Will be heading out in the afternoon again

Great Start.

Lookin like my first sit will be early this week with the temps dropping

Gordo

Athens County
Got my dad settled in around 3:30. The rain has let up. He should have a great sit. Buck only for him tonight. I'll b sitting with him tomorrow morning to watch him try to wack a doe. Havent sat with him since i was a little kid. Lookin forward to that

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck to your dad, Gordo. I can't wait to see the report following his hunt this evening!

Gordo

Athens County
Good stuff Gordo! Any word on the pos who stole your stuff?

Made a statement that should make anyone think twice about going on that land. We'll see.

My dad had his third encounter with the buck he's trying to tag. Thats 3/3. Its getting personal for him. lol. Buck stayed just outta range. He's been skirting the cam, but still in a similar routine, the pics have just dropped drastically. He knows something aint right. None the less, my das said that evening hunt is top 5 all time. He was flat out covered in deer.

The next morning at a different property, he 'no mans land'ed a porker doe. Unfortunate. I had just told him the day before about that area as he has never experienced. Sure enough the next day he got the full experience.

He's done for a bit with his surgery on the 29th, but i'll be getting him back in the sassle ASAP.

As for me, ive gotten a couple new sets hung and will be concentrating on two peoperties these next couple weeks.

I'll be headed out this afternoon to kick off hunting every opportunity i get from now to turkey day. I'm as fresh as ive ever been for these next couple weeks

Gordo

Athens County
Good luck! Hope the new sets pay off.

Me TOO. All where on new to me properties, so the mentality was 'wait and see'. The one has a great scrape line running by it. Gonna hit that one in the morning.

For this evening i'll b set in a great pinch point inbetween bedding areas. Should be a great sun set. As for the deer, they are either coming or their not in this spot.

Im getting a chubby thinking about that first hot doe coming through. Giggity guggity