Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

good news from work

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
We was told today at work that starting on the 1st of January that we will switching from 5 eight hour work weeks to 4 ten hour work weeks. we will also be having a 4th of July shut down and Christmas shutdown and will be given an extra week of vacation to cover these times , it must be used then and no other time , in place of our service awards that we get every 5 years we will get an extra week of vacation for our anniversary year, 5, 10 15, 20 etc... this will only be for that year only, so you have an extra week for one year every 5 years, this all came around since Daimler bought Detroit Diesel and placed us in the Daimler Trucks North America division (DTNA), they want all centers to be on the same level so instead of taking "things" away from other centers it was easier to give some "things" to a few centers to make everyone even. So that means I will be getting 52 more days off next year and in a year and a half when I hit 20 years I will have 6 weeks vacation for the year!!!! The company is benefitting from it also by still being open 5 days and having half of the work force off on Monday and the other half off on Friday they will get 50 hours of production off the build lines instead of 40. It seems like a great deal and I think it will be but I am sure there will be some fine print with the whole plan though.

Huckleberry Finn

I would work four 10's in a heartbeat.

Sounds like you've built up some vacation time too...the amount of time that you get from working 20-25-30 years in one place is unreal! Maybe someday!

teej89

NE PA
That's sweet! That extra day of hunting will be great! I'm on four tens too as we speak, then on Friday I go back in and work another 10 :( lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats Tad on the shift schedule, you'll love the tens.... I've been working the 4 tens for he last 15 years and wouldn't want to go back on 10's for anything lol..... I like those 3 day weekends....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Congrats man! Are schedule is supposed to be 4 tens but they treat us like slaves and we work 5 tens and an 8 on saturday, and I'm on afternoons TOO boot. I gotta start hunting in the morning!

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
They gave us are "official" notification yesterday at work, pretty good deal for all except the second shift guys, they are gonna shut seconds down except for the preventative maintenance guys. Hell they even changed the vacation policy to where a new hire just coming in the door gets 4 weeks vacation immediately! It took me 15 years to get to that point, but they have a hourly cap on their pay scale which I don't so no big deal. Overall we can't complain about anything , the only downside is we can only carry over 40 hours of vacation a year compared to 80 before, they said they want us to take our vacation and "recharge our batteries " every year, no problem here!!!