Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I bet you guys never heard of this!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
In the middle of my buddies bean field is a patch of tall tan grass probably 5 ft tall and it's circular shaped (about 10 ft around). While sitting in the blind along the tree line I was observing this grass and thinking of how I could hide in it. I got home sunday night after hunting and I was pissed cause these does didn't come out in the field to give me a shot, but if I would of been hiding in the grass I could of dropped one. So I started thinking of what I could buy/make to conceal myself, then it hit me. I'll buy a hula skirt and make a ghillie suit out of it! It looks just like the grass in the fiels and it's the same color, the skirt is a 36 waist and might need some adjusting cause I wear a 38, and I'll probably use the top piece for my head. I ordered one from amazon but I might need to go to the party store and buy another so I can be totally covered in hula skirt lol. I hope this works, I might be the first dude to kill a deer in a skirtrotflmao

Gordo

Athens County
lol. Pics definitely needed. You must make harvesting a deer in that get up a priority. Thatd b a great harvest photo. Get'r done!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
This thread is worthless without pics. :smiley_chinrub:

I love the idea man!!! Do it just for the story value alone!! rotflmao

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I will post pics when I get it in the mail. I might see if the ol lady will run to the party store and get me another one. I even ordered some tan face paint. If a doe out smarts me like this one did I will do everything in my power to put her in my freezer!

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What is funniest is the size of Bigslam sporting the hula dress. I think I remember reading you stating you were 6'8" or something? Is my memory correct? If so, you might need 3 hula dresses to cover your butt. lmao

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
What is funniest is the size of Bigslam sporting the hula dress. I think I remember reading you stating you were 6'8" or something? Is my memory correct? If so, you might need 3 hula dresses to cover your butt. lmao

You are correct, I am 6'8". After I ordered it I was thinking theres no way one will cut it. I'm going to ask the ol lady to get me another at whatever store sells hula skirts, I can't wait to try this out. I have a feeling that it's going to work as long as I can draw without them catching any movement. If it does work, it will go down in history as one of my best harvests ever!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
This will be interesting! Way to think outside the box! If you kill her, name her Dawn Hoe...rotflmao

I will do just that! I might have her mounted TOO, maybe that will be good luck so I can get a buck to put on the wall. Always wanted a buck and doe mount side by side.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Told a few guys (that don't hunt) at work about my idea, pretty much got made fun of all week lol They don't understand the drastic measures I'll take to put one on the ground:pickle: