Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

16 Year Wedding Anniversary and I got the shaft(s)

Well just when I thought my wife wasn't listening she sure surprised me. I had been talking about getting new arrows all summer long and at some point I decided that it wasn't going to happen. I had talked about a few different brands and had been leaning towards Carbon Express Maxima Reds and I told her about a podcast I had listened to where they talked about those arrows using high speed photography about how fast they stabilized compared to any arrow out there. Afterwards I was thinking that the conversation was just me talking and her saying 'yes dear', in one ear and out the other, and not having a clue what I was talking about. Well that was until our 16th wedding anniversary this last Friday. I had given her two of the charms she was hoping for for her bracelet and here she is giving me a dozen....cut to my arrow length, inserts installed, Maxima Red arrow shafts. She even knew I had all the stuff for fletching them since I had just spent a week re-fletching what was left of my old Victory arrows. So after spending a couple days doing it here and there, here are my new arrows!! What a great surprise!!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Never seen a guy so happy to get the shaft ! Its like a prisoners birthday!!!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congrats Chuck.Just celebrated our 22nd anniversary today and my wife told me to go out and hunt this evening.She was hoping i would get the big buck i am after.Saw him but after quitting time..We are lucky to have such understanding wives.Think i will take her out to dinner this week end.