Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A-Hole of the year ??????

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Property that used to be a haunted forest is back to the original owner. He has given the hunting say-so to one guy. This guy thinks he is now "King of the hill". This landowner let me walk on his land to get to my deer stands on the back side in the past. So, this summer, I mowed that tractor path as it is sorta land-locked by the crops. This pissed off the new "Hunting God" and he put up a fence on the area I used to cross-over to mow and get to my stands. This fence was put up with nails on OUR trees and permission was not granted. I ran around and located the landowner (he is in the process of moving). He granted me permission to walk on the property. He also let me know he figured I mowed because of the walking and that it pissed off the hunter more than himself. So today I go back and check things out and this is what I find on one of my game cameras. Grant it, the camera is in MY Tree, but is on the line pointed towards his property for clear pictures. Last Sunday, there was no sign present. CDY_0043.jpgCDY_0052.jpg
Do you think I am wrong for being pissed? This sign was much closer to the camera than it appears. Like 4' in front of the camera. And would you kindly ask him to remove the nails from the tree farm trees?

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
He can always reimburse the tree farm owner he replacement price of the trees he ruined if he doesn't remove them in a timely fashion....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You got permission to walk the property. Is the sign on your property or theirs? Are you forced to park in different spots now as well? In regards to the trees I would definitely tell them they need to remove the signs and nails from my trees if it were me.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That is definitely a DOUCHENOZZLE ASSHOLE ........ And NO you are not wrong for being pissed from what I've seen and read so far. Hope you get it cleared up Rick!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
First, I would have spoken with the landowner before I mowed a path across his ground. Aside from that, you have permission to cross his ground, cross it when you need to. I wouldn't worry about someone telling you not to if they are not the landowner. I would also tell them to remove the nails from your trees, in fact, I would contact the WO for your area. It states in the regulations not to alter or place any metal spikes in trees without the landowner's permission. I'm guessing you didn't give him permission to drive nails into your trees...

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
First, I would have spoken with the landowner before I mowed a path across his ground.

Exactly. Permission was given for walking, not mowing or a 4-wheeler. I'd ask nicely for nails to be removed and let bygones be bygones.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
First, I would have spoken with the landowner before I mowed a path across his ground.

I should have asked first. But what I mowed was an existing tractor path that said landowner used to mow himself. I just figured I was doing him and myself a favor by keeping it mowed down.

The sign is on the neighbors property but it was like 4' from my camera which was in plain view.

Yes Phil, I can still park in the housing addition where I always did.

Just been a pissing match every since one of his hunters was seen getting in one of my stands during a morning hunt.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I would have mowed it TOO, but you should have asked. However this guy is just being a dick now, so he's looking to get a pissed of redneck on his front porch...