Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This new season...off to a terrible start

Trueroots

Norton , Ohio
I truly appreciate getting out in the woods and watching nature unfold before my eyes..... With the help of the trail cameras, it has made things quite a bit easier. I can honestly say I try to live right and respect nature to the highest degree and consider myself as a true outdoorsmen, unfortunately this world has dirty BASTARDS who don't live up to the same standards. My 2013 opening day was filled with an empty feeling to say the least. Some sorry ass S.O.B. came onto our private property that we have been hunting for the last 20yrs and stole 6 game cameras. We have never had any type of issue in the past. Its hard to describe, almost a numb feeling after realizing someone has made it personal. May god have mercy on your thieving ass sole.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
sorry to hear! Seems like someone who stole them must have known where you had the cameras hung?

It would be odd for someone to find all 6 of your cameras.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
sorry to hear! Seems like someone who stole them must have known where you had the cameras hung?

It would be odd for someone to find all 6 of your cameras.

yup.

I could see some random guy stumbling on one of your cams. Maybe even 2, but all 6? Someone that knew where they were

Trueroots

Norton , Ohio
My thoughts exactly. The unfortunate thing about this is, we have a drilling rig on a portion of our property and are now waiting on the fracking to start. There has been a lot of activity around and they are in the beginning stages of running the water lines for the process. I spoke to one of the individuals(Field Foreman) last Saturday while I was down there trimming my lanes. He seemed like a stand up guy. He has been all over our property trying to figure out where to run the water line for the rig. He stated that he noticed our middle field was a food plot.....that is where the cam's were. Gut feeling......guilty verdict.

teej89

NE PA
Sorry to hear that man. And it does no good to blindly point fingers but man by what you're saying its like he may have something to do with your cameras disappearing. I'd just strike up conversation with him shooting the shit and sneak into the conversation asking if he's seen anyone moseying around on the property because you've had stuff disappearing. And just read his facial expression.

Or what I'd do is get a dummy camera and put it where the old one is then take a real one and get your climbing sticks go 20ft up a tree and hang the cam facing down at the dummy cam. Man that's be awesome if you got pics of the culprit and it turned out to be that guy lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Man, sorry to hear this! I had just one cam stolen last year and felt numb and pissed! Couldn't begin to know how you feel! Hope you catch the POS and throw the book at him!!!!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Thieves suck no matter how you put it. Sorry to hear about this. The thought of a dummy camera is what I thought of also. 6 cameras, that's a lot of coin, if could nail this guy you might be able to really stick it to em.

On a second note I wouldn't let this define your season, it sucks yes, bit don't let a douche thief take your joy from nature.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sucks reading these kind of threads. I have been the victim of trail camera theft before as well. One stings. 6 must just plain burn all the way thru. Hope you find them.

Not sure I would be replacing them right away. I think I would be hunting off my gut and reading the sign. Pictures are nice, but it doesn't beat good old fashioned scouting. It isn't worth $3000 in a year either.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Thieves suck no matter how you put it. Sorry to hear about this. The thought of a dummy camera is what I thought of also. 6 cameras, that's a lot of coin, if could nail this guy you might be able to really stick it to em.

On a second note I wouldn't let this define your season, it sucks yes, bit don't let a douche thief take your joy from nature.

Hoyt said it right - the thief will get what's coming to them, soon or later, so don't let it ruin your outlook.
You say you've been huntin' the property for more than 20 years? Safe to say you know what you're doin' there, cameras or no cameras.
Good luck this season.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That really sucks man, sorry to hear. Someone had plenty of time to walk around and find all six... Hopefully the dummy cam works