Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Release?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
How much of a diff can a release make? Can it improve your accuracy? Sometimes I hate my release and think about buying a few different kinds. Problem it, it is so expensive to just buy them.

What do you all like?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Short answer is yes..i like what i call failure releases. You have to know how to use them and you still need to use proper release technique.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
A hinge REALLY helps me. I don't use it all the time. Switch to it when I am getting "punchy". Just puts me back in the groove.

I use it all the time shooting indoors.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Is that like a back tension release?

All releases are back tension releases. :eek: Many and I do mean many people have no idea what it really is and how to use it. Any release that has a mechanism that holds pressure and once initiated(or activated) completely loses all control of the jaws or hook is a failure release..the difference between a stan shoot and a scott mongoose is the action of the mechanism. They should be activated the exact same way.

buckstar25

T-county
All releases are back tension releases. :eek: Many and I do mean many people have no idea what it really is and how to use it. Any release that has a mechanism that holds pressure and once initiated(or activated) completely loses all control of the jaws or hook is a failure release..the difference between a stan shoot and a scott mongoose is the action of the mechanism. They should be activated the exact same way.

Good post! I learned that a couple years ago, executing the shot is done basically the same. A back tension to me is like that hinged golf club, used to perfect your swing.

I switched to a Tru Ball pro diamond, aside from anchor point and peep adjustment I feel the release actually made me a better shooter.