Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Learned my lesson...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
As you most know I have started a couple new business ventures and just wanted to vent. I have been blessed with having to turn down work because of scheduling issues. I am really starting to slow down due to the holidays/economy and every job counts.

Well, I scheduled two big jobs the next two weeks and they both canceled on me tonight! I turned down other smaller jobs to do these. I am going to call the other jobs I turned down but I know they will not be available. The timing really sucks...Should have taken a deposit!

Fuggin, fuggars, dang blammit!

Beentown

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I feel your pain. Anymore, if it is a decent sized job we just take a deposit. Never did this for years, but in the last couple years with the crap economy I started to do so. I hate that I have to, but I don't work for free and can't afford to get stuck. Sorry to hear it Charles.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sam- There are many days I scratch my head and wonder why I do it. One day every year that comes to mind is April 15th. Hmmmm. . . 80-100hrs a week in the peak seasons and 60+hrs per week in the "slow" time. Then on April 15th I either go "Well this just sucks. I hope the crackheads had a Merry Friggin' Christmas on my tax dollars," or if it is the other way around my thought process is "Well this just sucks. I lived below the poverty line this year, and I put in 80hrs a week to do it. Dang!"

Bottom line truth though? I have been off the leash too long. If I had to work a regular job, I would be fired in the first week. ahaha Good years and bad years, I am fortunate to live in this country and have the ability to run my own show.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I tried to get the work back that I had turned down to no avail. Spent the cash on Christmas.

Ernie,

I have a painting (80% of the work), remodeling (15% ) and powerwashing company. My wife runs a daycare also. I will be doing a lot more remodeling this winter. We have two houses that need flipped. I am just waiting for the go ahead and some cash. I might have some work for others on here as soon as I have the check.

Beentown

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That sucks bro. I figure your big job people just realized Christmas wasn't as far away as they thought huh. I hope you can get something going to replace the lost money you was hoping for so you and yours can have a good Christmas. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the flips work out for ya :D.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That sucks Beentown. Hope some things pick up for you. Things seem to really be slowing down everywhere, and the next few months can be tough.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I understand Bud.

Ain't self employment grand.
Sorry to hear of the timing of it all.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
We will be ok! It just sucks and I don't like to dig into the savings.

Thanks for the well wishes. And if you know anyone needing any work done let me know ;)

Beentown

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Let me see if I can help you out Beener. Do you travel for work? My kids could use some obedience training. My wife, well, I won't go there. hahaha

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Have sprayer...will travel! I think we probably come from the same school on obedience training ;) Don't mess with wifes! lol

Beentown