Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hoyts 2013-14 Chronicles

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Opening morning I decided to hunt at the camp grounds I gained access to this past summer. It is 550 acres, so there is a lot to learn about the property. I have three sets hung but decided to go mobile and hunt a crossing area. I know there are deer here it is just learning when and where they are. Sure does feel good to be back in a stand. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Sit #2 turned out nice other than my set of climbing sticks where covered with poison ivy.

Saw a total of 9 deer. 4 does and 5 dawns. None came into range as I'm not sure I would of shot one tonight anyways.
Here is my views for tonight.
uploadfromtaptalk1380586733610.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1380586760227.jpg

Hours on stand: 7

Sightings:

Bucks- 2
Does- 4
Fawns- 5
Total- 11

badger

*Supporting Member*
Sorry I didn't return your text yesterday. I was at speech therapy with Joie and ended up on the phone with Jim. Then Joie texted me and said get your butt in here, lol!

That looks like a very promising piece of land!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
No poison ivy did my normal routine with the gels naptha and no problem.

Went out last night before the rain hit. Fisrt time on this farm this season. Didn't see anything but wasn't really expecting too, do to the small peninsula of woods being surrounded by standing corn. Got out just before the gully washer hit.

Here is a few pics from last night's sit.

uploadfromtaptalk1381160900054.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1381160914210.jpg

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Had two sits since my.last update. Unfortunately nothing really to add. Hoping to get a set hung at a different property, with this rain it is perfect weather to hang a set.