Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Three Squirrel, White Chilli

badger

*Supporting Member*
I've been known to play around a bit in the kitchen, and Hoytmania got me thinking about trying something new.

Don't get all technical with the name, you can use as many squirrels as you want! I just happened to have three fresh ones that needed some love.

I'm not a person who uses measuring spoons very often, so you'll have to wing it like I did and make this one your own.

Here's a basic list of ingredients that I used.

Three squirrels
Three heads of garlic
One vidalia onion
Chicken broth
Three cans of white beans
White and black pepper
Salt
Garlic powder
Goya seasoning
Ground cumin
Chilli powder
Corn starch

Season the squirrels inside and out

Bake in roasting pan at 250 for three hours

Let cool, and debone the meat

Save the chicken stock the squirrels were baked in, and add some more if needed. Bring to a rolling simmer, and thicken with some corn starch and water. Add all your other spices to taste. Drain the beans, add them and then the meat. Let simmer for about an hour on low.

Buckmaster

Portage
Perfect.

I just bought a Gamo Bone Collector Bull Whisper .177 pellet gun for some backyard squirrel sniping.

I'm putting a 3 x 9 scope on it later tonight. It will be bench sited tomorrow then off to the backyard with the kids.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Are you guys cutting out any, some, or all the glands. I have always just removed the hind leg ones, didn't even know they had em under the front pits and stomachs.

Looks dang good Dale!!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Are you guys cutting out any, some, or all the glands. I have always just removed the hind leg ones, didn't even know they had em under the front pits and stomachs.

Looks dang good Dale!!

So what you're saying is that we've been eating squirrel glands!?

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I think you'll be alright as long as your not eating the prostate.

:smiley_clap:

Mike, yes they have glands. As a kid, my uncle showed me where to remove the rear two, but while looking at some recipes yesterday, I came across the front and stomach ones. I was always told they make the meat more bitter and/or gamey.