Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

crops coming off

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Over the past week I've seen a little corn coming off, but the beans were getting hit hard today. The foreman at work says they are taking theirs off over the weekend. i would bet there will be a lot of activity in the bean fields this weekend. Ought to make for an interesting opener.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My North field is being taken off right now. Can't believe it is this early. Heck they still had some yellow leaves.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Lot of beans are disappearing. Even saw a combine disappearing on the way home tonight by mechanicsburgh. Heck of a fire. We saw the smoke at west Jefferson right when we was leaving...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Saw lots & lots of beans coming off on 75 & 23 between C-bus & Perrysburg on Tuesday. Today was the same thing on 71 between C-bus & Cinci. Even saw two corn fields that were standing in the morning, but then gone by the time I was coming back later in the afternoon.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Been coming off fast here in Highland, Fayette and Pickaway area. Ross is starting to pick up too. First corn, now beans. Double cropped beans are still green, everything else is nearly brown. The lack of rain late summer really turned them quick. Personally, I would rather it be a late harvest, but I doubt I can talk many farmers into that!!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
the fields are turning quick here lots of beans off id say 2 more weeks and the beans will be done around here. a few guys are picking corn but not many i think it will be off before halloween.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Seen bean fields start getting picked around here 2 weeks ago. Then we had rain and was almost a week before I seen them back in the fields pickin beans again. I was on my way to Big Prairie the other day and seen some corn headrows picked. Looks like they just took some off for silage?

My beanfield was picked the other day and I figure the corn will be off in 2 more weeks unless it rains.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The neighbors are busy around here too. For deer hunting, I hope they knock the corn flat in a hurry! Two years ago a landowner called me on Nov 6 as they finished up running corn. Killed my buck on November 8. Standing corn makes hunting tough in my area.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Beans coming down around here pretty good the last couple days. I have seen a few rows of corn here and there come off, but literally just a row here and there. Guessing for silage.