Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Feeling Selfish/BAD

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well today I got into an argument because of a change in my schedule. My grandfathers 90th bday is Nov 6th. I actually caught myself getting agitated that we are having the party Nov 2nd because I will have to stay home 2 days before heading to the property. I will still get to hunt Nov 3-Nov-8.

Sometimes I cant believe myself how serious I take hunting. I think I am just stressed cause of living far away and knowing my time is limited. My grandfather is my hero, and I would never miss his Bday. Im just upset I had a bit of agitation towards the idea. What the hells amatter with me.

Ok rant over.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I don't think it's all that bad that you got agitated. I get agitated at things like this also. What I think is really important is that you realized it and reassessed the way you where thinking and saw what is truly important to you. We can all get sidetracked by selfishness it is whether or not we let the selfishness overtake us is what is important.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I don't think it's all that bad that you got agitated. I get agitated at things like this also. What I think is really important is that you realized it and reassessed the way you where thinking and saw what is truly important to you. We can all get sidetracked by selfishness it is whether or not we let the selfishness overtake us is what is important.

:smiley_coolpeace:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm with Hoytmania. Nothing unnatural to feel a bit selfish when your time is going to be limited. What matters is you realize where your priorities need to be even if you are thinking about deer hunting. Being there for your grandpa on his 90th is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thats the thing! I reacted and then was like shiiit.

I have always been there for my grandfather, and everyone knows that. I look like him, talk like him, act like him, etc. He killed a moose the day I was born. I had the nickname moose boy for years as a child. It just was the shock to me of changing plans, I will actually get more days in row to hunt. So I really dont know why I reacted that way.

These long hours of work must be wearing on me.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Make the best of a little setback. My grandparents were all passed away before I was born. I never had the joy of knowing them.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just be thankful ( which I know you are ) that it's his birthday. It'll be three years ago coming up that my dad died Nov 8. Guess how that & the time of the month made me feel....lol. The only thing I know is that time flies so fast, it'll be NEXT season before ya know it.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great post Steve! Glad to see you rethink things out Albert. He won't be around forever and enjoying him while he's still with you is time you won't get back...as you already knew. It's human nature the way you felt especially knowing your hunting time took a shit when you got your new job. Hopefully you kill a slob and share it with him this year! Good luck

teej89

NE PA
It's definitely natural to at first be flustered. We wait all year for those magical couple days in the stand during the rut. But at least you caught yourself.

My sister and brother inlaw are having their first kid and he/she is due the first week of November. I'm over here praying and doing rain dances hoping this kid comes either before then or 2 weeks after then hahaha or else I'll be off driving to PA during prime time.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I think Steve hit the nail on the head. I was and can still be a selfish fuck. Just have to learn how to recognize when you are being that way and work to correct your thoughts/actions accordingly...

Yep Hoytmania hit it right. Sometimes we all have that moment of selfishness and want to just do what we want but our own conscience sets us straight. Many don't have that or even listen to it and that's where their lives take ugly turns. Be glad you can still check yourself and decipher from right and wrong.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Yep Hoytmania hit it right. Sometimes we all have that moment of selfishness and want to just do what we want but our own conscience sets us straight. Many don't have that or even listen to it and that's where their lives take ugly turns. Be glad you can still check yourself and decipher from right and wrong.

X~2!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio

Agreed!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks All,

Again it was just like I was being moody for whatever reason. Lost my temper just because of a change of plans. Haha lord am I happy Im an easy going guy, and I dont deal with this type of crap alot.

I am going to get to hunt a lot of days straight, and still get to see family. I think itll work out better.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Cherish your grandfather cause alot of us have missed out on having one around.

When I started getting into bowhunting big time I was selfish big time, I would hunt all the time and put everyone and everything second. Don't go down that road, its not worth it. Take it for what its worth.