Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Waking Up Some Squirrels

badger

*Supporting Member*
I doubt I'll have much time to bow hunt this year, so I am going to hunt some squirrels when I have the time. This morning I'm headed to a buddies place to wake a few up. Getting ready to fry some taters, bacon, and eggs to start out my morning!

I'll update as I go.....

badger

*Supporting Member*
Not sure if I had a couple of bad shells, or the gun needs cleaned, but I should have had four. I dropped two out with a solid rest that should have been head shots. They both hit the ground running.

Before that happened I did manage to take two others including this black/fox mix. We just talked yesterday about the the two color phases breeding, and then I get a confirmation this morning.

I've never taken any small game to the taxi, but I have been wanting a few squirrels on the wall, so this one will be a start.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Nice job dale ! I don't think I've ever seen a black/ fox mix. Very cool. We are not supposed to have blacks here, but I have a few farms with them.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
DAng. Now I want to pop a few for a meal...Thanks Dale. lol
The mutant is going to be a nice mount!

Buckmaster

Portage
I did see a half albino black squirrel the other day. It looked like a small skunk. I was on my daily lunch walk here in town.