Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Killshot camera mount

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I really want to film myself harvesting a deer this year and I don't have the cash to buy a fancy camera arm. This thing replaces the stab and it holds a video camera on a platform. I tested it the other day and my only complaint is that it makes my bow heavy as hell up front. Have you guys ever tried this before?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had a Riser Cam for a year or so. Heavy out front? Yep. Low end footage? Yep. Lasted maybe a year or so before it quit working? Yep.

Biggest issue I had was trying to "film" with my bow on footage which was not a shot. I got busted a couple times rotating my bow as I followed deer. Other issue I had was after the shot I dropped my bow arm and it was several seconds to maybe 10 seconds before I remembered I was still filming. Other issue was no viewer on the Riser Cam made it tough to know if I was getting it on film.

Overall? Fun novelty for a season and a half. Sits in my archery tool box now.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Any stabilizer mounted camera isn't going to give you the quality of footage you want. There is just too much shock at the shot, and no ability to zoom. I wouldn't waste your time.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'll probably not use it cause it's heavy with my camera on it. I'm just going to take my camera opening day and hopefully film my buddy get his first deer in the morning, and if all goes well I'll get one after that.

themedic

OHIO
Buy a cheap gorilla camera arm at Wally world. its not the best but has worked for me for about 4 years now