Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got my new bow!

Derek j

Knox Co.
I picked up my new bow yesterday....a Hoyt spyder 30. All I can say is WOW! I love the feel and the quietness of it compared to my 2006 vectrix. Biggest difference is the weight and speed. It feels so much lighter than the vectrix. I think I am really gonna like this new bow. I have only been able to shoot it in the garage so far. The wife and I are going out to the farm tomorrow night to shoot, so I can get it sighted in and put it to the test.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Funny stuff. I ended up with the same bow and had a Vectrix prior. Still have it as a matter of fact. I think you will like it. I went from 70lb limbs to 60lb limbs so I am really probably only gaining with less weight and quieter bow. Haven't shot thru chrono yet.

Derek j

Knox Co.
I have put probably 200-250 arrows through it, and definitely love it! Went back to the fin on Saturday and got the code red ripcord installed. I will be taking it and my wife's bow to Milo hopefully this week to get it super tuned. It is super quiet, very smooth, and seems like it is a a good bit faster than the vectrix. I stayed with 60-70 lb limbs, and it is set at 70. I have noticed that it is a smidge stiffer than the vectrix, but I put all that on new strings compared to 6 yr old strings. I am in love with it!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have put probably 200-250 arrows through it, and definitely love it! Went back to the fin on Saturday and got the code red ripcord installed. I will be taking it and my wife's bow to Milo hopefully this week to get it super tuned. It is super quiet, very smooth, and seems like it is a a good bit faster than the vectrix. I stayed with 60-70 lb limbs, and it is set at 70. I have noticed that it is a smidge stiffer than the vectrix, but I put all that on new strings compared to 6 yr old strings. I am in love with it!

Yep and that speed comes from somewhere...bit stiffer. But also getting used to the draw cycle may be the answer also. Some feel stiffer at different points of the cycle which makes it seem like a stiffer draw where it really isn't. Just different.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep and that speed comes from somewhere...bit stiffer. But also getting used to the draw cycle may be the answer also. Some feel stiffer at different points of the cycle which makes it seem like a stiffer draw where it really isn't. Just different.

I didn't notice but I also went from 70lb to 60lb. What I do notice is I am missing the hump in the draw cycle I was used to with my Vectrix. Seemed like you get to climb the hill at the beginning of the draw cycle with the Vectrix and then downhill to the backwall. I feel like the Spyder is pretty even all the way back. Maybe it is just not noticeable with the lighter poundage?

Derek j

Knox Co.
I agree with you Phil. It doesnt seem like it has a "hump" when it rolls over. I couldnt be happier right now. I absolutely love my new bow, and now that I have the wife shooting the correct handed bow, she is shooting lights out also. Its gonna be a good season!!