Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cabela's selling tractors

at1010

*Supporting Member*
with is big as foodplotting is now! I think this is a great idea. They will sell like hotcakes!

Huckleberry Finn

They are made by TYM, a South Korean company. Probably a decent little tractor but parts and repairs would be a concern.

Had a guy trying to sell me his Allis G this week at the Farm Science Review. Fair price, all original except the draw bar, but no implements. http://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/4051753300.html

One of these days I'm gonna call you and you had better have barn space for one for a couple years! Still think that they would be the ultimate food plot machines.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
City slickers will buy them...

NAIL ON THE HEAD! Sam if your right they are probably similar to Mikata is it? They are supposed to be good tractors but made in Korea too.

No offense to people who know nothing about tractors, and I am one of them, I know basic stuff because I have researched, and have been around them. However, I see these selling really well to newbies, who dont want to ask questions and research, take the salesman word for it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Huck- There are two of the Allis G's less than a mile from me. Been sitting there for sale for over a year. Should I stop and get a price for you?

Mahindra is a stout machine. Look at the block and it looks very very similar to Kubota. I believe the gears and such are a little more substantial. I don't remember where they are made but was leaning towards Korea.

Kioti is another Korean tractor which is not too shabby. We have one in 30hp. The Bobcat tractors are Kioti with Bobcat colors and stickers. Bobcat wouldn't put their name on them if they were junk in my opinion.

Not sure who makes these for Cabelas. Perkins diesel or Mitsubishi diesel were the engine choices. I agree with Sam. Parts and service after sale would worry me.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I would think a company as large at Cabelas, has these under some crazy warranty/service options with either local shops near all Cabelas stores or something. I doubt that corporation is going to overlook the service/part side of digging into the tractor industry.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I won't begin to claim I know the farm machinery business well but here is a little what I do know. Most small tractors are made in Asia because they use so many small tractors there. Yanmar makes a lot of the smaller Deeres, deere has a plant in Georgia assembles certain models but they use a lot of Yanmar parts. Small masseys are often made in Asia, turkey and brazil. New Holland Boomers are assembled in the US but I'm not sure where the parts come from. Kubota assembles some models here but again I don't know where parts come from. It's not unusual for a factory to turn out a variety of colors made to varying specs.

The important thing is having a good dealer where you can get parts and service because if you use it it will break. I'm lucky I have an Agco dealer 2.5 miles away, Kubota 5 miles, NH about 7, 2 Deere within 15 miles, IH about 15. So I can consider any name brand and not worry about service.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
We are down to a 35 horse Case (diesel). Does what we need. The other small one we run is a 75 horse 4x4 Case. It is a great machine.