Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another step in he process

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
After my accident last month I pulled the muscles in my right side and lower back..... Have made progress steadily I'm running and doing push ups and crunches (although not many) but I couldn't draw the old ten point back until today..... I left work early, stopped at gander mountain and picked up a draw string for cocking the bow.....

Came home, grabbed the bow and headed too a buddies place too shoot it.... Gotta say that rope was the ticket.... Using he arms instead of arms and back.... No muscle pain and the friggin ten point is dead on out too 40 yards!!!!!! I like keeping my shots under 30 but I'm confident with 40.....

Just another step in the process, now too just get through my fitness test next month and life will be good the remainder of the fall/winter.....

Huckleberry Finn

Blame it on the pulled muscles, we just know you're getting to be an old man!

Nail'em man. And pass that fitness test and move onto full time fishing!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've always scored in the 90's and tested once a year, this year that's not happening.... I'll retest in the spring and retire before my next one that'll be due in 2015.....

And then fish a lot Steve lol....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Good thinking J
Better keep moven forward... I'm counting on a bunny hunt or TOO this winter!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Glad to hear it's coming back together for you, J! Those ropes help the accuracy of a crossbow shine through. Try as had as you may, it's just not possible to draw those things as straight by hand as it is with a rope...and it is a heck of a lot easier!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Funny you mention that Brock, I did notice my groups seem too be tighter using the rope.... And here I thought I was just an awesome shot hahaha....

Dan, thanks but you really need too set your sights higher lol.....

Mike, I wasnt about too even try it without it, I know what that pain feels like now and don't want that feeling again.... I've been pretty lucky in not having any back issues and I now know what a lot of my friends feel like and that down right sucked....