Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Crop damage tags

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
So the Ol lady is a home health care nurse and one of her patients has a farm outside of Urichsville. He told her that he has a hell of a time getting people to take the deer that they shoot off his farm and he asked her if she would want a couple, we have one in the freezer and TOO more are out in the truck on ice until I get to them in the morning. My question is, is there anything I can harvest from these deer as far as a scent lure? One is a mature doe and the other is a button buck he said he thought was a small doe. This may sound stupid, but has anyone ever made their own decoy with the hide of a deer? I have one hide at the tannery now, Pine Acres Taxidermy and Tannery, he did a nice job on a hide for me last year.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Never done the decoy route, but I have seen guys use full body mounts before. Seems like a lot of work to me considering a decoy has never worked for me.

I would cut the tarsal glands off the doe and pop them in the freezer. They are worth having around in November and make a great scent holder for commercial lures...