Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boneless rabbit

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Let me start this off by saying I've been taking critters apart (except turtle) since I was old enough to see over the cutting table. I like to think I am good with a knife, in fact I KNOW I am. People gather around when I start filleting fish to see how I do it with a regular old knife, same thing with deer. I thought I was pretty good till I just stumbled onto this dude working on a rabbit. It is one big rabbit mind you, but give this cat a watch. He is freakin awesome! I like rabbit deboned so I will be giving this a try this season. It seem someone posted a vid of a man doing a deer similarly last year.

I gotta go watch that again!

Last edited by a moderator:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Don't know how I screwed that up...

[video=youtube;J6ud68Qmdyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ud68Qmdyc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wow, I've done a ton of rabbit over the years after looking at he video I'd like too try it but I can get all the meat off of them critters I need in about half the time lol

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Same here, J, but I gotta believe you could roll all that connected meat into a rabbit roast or something a little different than the normal ways of preparing them. I just gotta try it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Same here, J, but I gotta believe you could roll all that connected meat into a rabbit roast or something a little different than the normal ways of preparing them. I just gotta try it.

That's exactly why I'm going too give it Shot Brock lol.... I'm thinking bacon and some stuffing onions peppers and some shrooms rolled up into it and baked in mushroom soup sounds really good lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
And that rabbit is as big as a baby hog!

Yeah that was a domestic bunny for sure, shot one when I was a kid with a pellet gun that got loose and ran wild in a woods I used too hunt.... Lots of meat and weighed about ten pounds lol plus it was orange rotflmao

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
HaHa That's the kind of thing a kid LOVES to find running around in the neighborhood woodlot!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My wife draws the line at deer. We had one of our last deer roasts for dinner tonight. She says she doesn't cook squirrels or rabbit. Graci says I can't turn her beagle (Izzy Bea) into a hunter. Guess I will keep giving all my squirrels to my foreman. lol

Pretty impressive video though.

Huckleberry Finn

I'm with J - still more into the tear into method. But I could see how that could waste some meat.

Ben, J, and Old Scout did put on a little clinic at the last TOO hunt - they did not waste any time.

Shoot 'em up & Clean 'em up. Buckmaster & "J" made quick work of the rabbits.

old scout & "J" shoud've been timed. They had that rabbit gutted & skinned out in no time at all.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
When I get home with the rabbits all I have too do is quarter and debone them, hide and limbs are left for the critters.... Rabbit fur makes good nesting material for the ground rodents.... It'll be gone in days.... After an all day hunt I'm too tired too spend any more time cleaning than I have too lol