Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Going TOO far???

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I've officially lost my mind I think.... With gaining access to a primo spot on the lake by my house and hearing about the mass amount of divers that come in late season I got to looking around and realized I HAVE NO DIVER DECOYS!!! So I went out to the barn and got some old carry lites that I had laying around and did a little transformation. I also picked some old Herters up out of the barn with the intention to burlap and repaint them as divers but I just cant bring myself to do it..... Sooooo I'm going to try and make my own decoys to hunt over this year!!! Crazy.... yes! Insane..... yes! rewarding if it actually works.... YES!!! How cool would it be to kill birds over decoys you made by hand??? Well I think it would be awesome so I'm going to give it a try. I'm currently working on two teal dekes to get a feel for the work I have ahead of me. Here's some pics of the progress so far:

Before: Carry lite Mallards

Halfway:

Done:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Just invite me and you won't need any decoys,that day

Honestly after seeing your post on burlapping and repainting I'm going down the same road! I'm looking at molds and eps beads now to start making legit deke bodies. I get way to carried away with stuff sometimes but I'm enjoying it. I def need a nice spread like the one you built!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Honestly after seeing your post on burlapping and repainting I'm going down the same road! I'm looking at molds and eps beads now to start making legit deke bodies. I get way to carried away with stuff sometimes but I'm enjoying it. I def need a nice spread like the one you built!

When you get to that point let me know, I can help point you in the right direction. I've made a couple like that.