Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A backstop...

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Never thought it would happen but I got very lucky. Have been shooting 40 and 50 quite a bit lately. Today had a retarded moment and used my 40 yard pin at fifty yards... Needless to say the turn out was my arrow skipping off a rock in the back creek and sent my arrow straight up. Now, I have a hill that's probably 15 feet high before reaching the neighbors yard and got extremely luck my arrow didn't sail over/into their house or god knows where. Needless to say I will be setting up a back stop incase it ever happens again.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379368801.879334.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379368812.464290.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379368822.981061.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379368831.964614.jpg

teej89

NE PA
Good thing you out that tree there for a back stop hahaha

Makes me laugh cuz I've been wanting to practice my release lately. Since I live in an apt I don't have a back yard and the nearest range is 20 min away and $8 a round. Sooooo I found a nice little 9 yd lane in my apartment. Here's my shooting range and my back stop haha ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379372667.140674.jpg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
TJ,

That is so redneck! I love it.

Reminds me of being in college in the city of Athens, and setting up a range to shoot through 2 doorways into a backyard. My roomate shut that down before I ever got to fling an arrow.

teej89

NE PA
TJ,

That is so redneck! I love it.

Reminds me of being in college in the city of Athens, and setting up a range to shoot through 2 doorways into a backyard. My roomate shut that down before I ever got to fling an arrow.

hahaha! Some people don't understand, gotta do what you gotta do.

And thanks guys! if anyone wants a custom range built I can give ya some help. Block target not provided rotflmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Dang. Can't believe that arrow stuck in the tree that far after hitting the ground. Didn't loose much punch did it lol.

Had my block up agginst thhe neighbors garage last week. I punched the release and nailed that sucker. Ticked me off. Broke my carbon off on the wood siding under the vinyl lol. Good thing nobody lives there right now lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't feel bad. I had to learn what is acceptable and unacceptable when I started. I realize you didn't just start, but saying we have all probably been there at some point. I still look at the piece of siding on my barn and cringe. Glad you didn't tag the neighbor's house. . .or kid. . .or dog. . . or neighbor.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I put a hole in my garage door at my.old house shooting. Testing broad head flight. Went through my target and pow! Right through the aluminum garage door. Whoops! Lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I put a hole in my garage door at my.old house shooting. Testing broad head flight. Went through my target and pow! Right through the aluminum garage door. Whoops! Lol

Pffftt. I've shot the kitchen cabinet and the bedroom door jamb. Lol. I should stop shooting inside.