Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DC shooting

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
12 people dead. One gunman has been killed. They are still looking for a potential 2nd gunman.
Gunman that was killed is Aaron Alexis. Not much info on him yet.

Still watching Fox for info.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mine too. This morning, they had little to no information on what was happening, but they did know it was an AR15 of some sort. Good grief.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dead suspect is black. Former full time navy reservist. 2007-2011. From Texas. They don't know much about him. FBI put out a information wanted bulletin. No Facebook or twitter. Perhaps Multiple shooters.

IMO he's Muslim. Black people don't snap and shoot up the office or a public place. Its rate. It's always crazy white people. And with it being 2-3 people points less at a "workplace violence" event and more at a Muslim.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I said I wouldn't be shocked if it was former or current Navy members. I have a buddy in the Navy who ain't the most stable dude ever and his group he ran with in the Navy was a different bunch.

Huckleberry Finn

IMO he's Muslim. Black people don't snap and shoot up the office or a public place. Its rate. It's always crazy white people. And with it being 2-3 people points less at a "workplace violence" event and more at a Muslim.

Read one report that said Buddhist.

They haven't pulled in anyone else - aka the guy running through the woods at Sandy Hook.

Huckleberry Finn

Just when you thought you'd heard "Gabby Giffords" for the last time...

Kinda sucks, they say Gabby and you think it's that American, Jesus loving, big Wheaties smile girl, and instead it's the next generation James Brady...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hmm no talk this morning of the man in green fatigues. Guess we're supposed to forget about him.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
How mucked up is it when there is a mass shooting and one of the suspects in the minds of Americans is the government? "Gee, I wonder if this was another planted shooter to further our anti-gun agenda?" Very sad. This should never be a consideration in the minds of the citizens. I am not saying THIS is the case. Just saying, it is in the back of my mind. Sad indeed.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
How mucked up is it when there is a mass shooting and one of the suspects in the minds of Americans is the government? "Gee, I wonder if this was another planted shooter to further our anti-gun agenda?" Very sad. This should never be a consideration in the minds of the citizens. I am not saying THIS is the case. Just saying, it is in the back of my mind. Sad indeed.

What if I told you our government was involved in a plan to arm the Mexican drug cartels then use their staggering amount of brutal murders as evidence to support banning guns. 3 years ago you might have laughed an said it was a far fetched conspiracy. Today we know it to be fact.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No doubt about it. Thus, with a sad face I put the govt in the lineup as a suspect whenever something like this happens. If my children don't trust me what happens? Maybe rebel a bit? Have no respect for me? Don't listen to me? Get into trouble? Time to clean house in DC. Not saying rebel. Just saying, we need to clean house next time we vote. (IF our votes are being counted.)

Huckleberry Finn

What if I told you our government was involved in a plan to arm the Mexican drug cartels then use their staggering amount of brutal murders as evidence to support banning guns. 3 years ago you might have laughed an said it was a far fetched conspiracy. Today we know it to be fact.

Oh we've forgotten ALL about that by now. Bengahzi took care of that. Stupid sheep.

This administration just blows my mind. Unbelievable. Obama's reelection and behavior really goes against every political trend in the history of this country.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
From CNN

The sources, who have detailed knowledge of the investigation, cautioned that initial information that an AR-15 was used in the shootings may have been incorrect. It is believed that Alexis had rented an AR-15, but returned it before Monday morning's shootings. Authorities are still investigating precisely how many weapons Alexis had access to and when.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/us/ar-15-gun-debate/?hpt=hp_t1

I'd heard last night from a friend that he shot 2 guards with a shotgun and took their weapons. Nothing was on any news source last night but this article seems to confirm that.

Huckleberry Finn

This will turn into another case of a veteran with PTSD that will be banned forever from owning a firearm (see: murder of Chris Kyle), passed with a bunch of money for services that our troops returning home actually could use. Vote against the bill, you're unpatriotic.