Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just in time for bow season: easy stand hanging

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Broke the GoPro camera out today and shot some video with it. Really happy with it, minus battery life, but I can deal with that.

Anyway, I made a video showcasing an easy way to hang a treestand. No more fighting to hold a stand in place and fasten a strap. Hope it helps you guys!

[video=youtube;E3tEF-7H18c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3tEF-7H18c[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Damn I had to turn the volume up so far I could hear the damn golden panting!

Nice trick, Fluteman!

Yeah, the GoPros are great little action cameras, but not great for anything where you need good audio.

cool man!

You using the cam for hunting too?

I'm gonna use it somehow. Haven't really decided yet.

Thanks for the complements fellas. It's not great video, but you get the idea.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great idea man... Thanks for sharing!

I watched it and thought of another idea. If anyone here is like me and has absolutely no clue how to braid paracord (and is too lazy to learn LOL), maybe a Nite Ize Gear Tie would work well for creating the loop on the stand. I use these gear ties for all kinds of shit and they're uses are virtually unlimited. They're essentially gigantic trash bag "twist-ties." It'd be really easy and quick to thread one through your stand and create a loop. Plus you could reuse the same tie for all your different stands. Just a thought...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Great idea man... Thanks for sharing!

I watched it and thought of another idea. If anyone here is like me and has absolutely no clue how to braid paracord (and is too lazy to learn LOL), maybe a Nite Ize Gear Tie would work well for creating the loop on the stand. I use these gear ties for all kinds of shit and they're uses are virtually unlimited. They're essentially gigantic trash bag "twist-ties." It'd be really easy and quick to thread one through your stand and create a loop. Plus you could reuse the same tie for all your different stands. Just a thought...

That's a great idea Jimbo! I've seen those things and wondered how well they would hold up. May have to pick up a few.