Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good game

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Don't know if y'all watched the Bama game against Texas A&M today. Man what a football game! Two powerhouse teams battling the snot out of each other on the field. Texas has a bad mama jama for a QB. Caused Bama to chase their tails in man to man on the ends. Showed that Bama had weak sides for defensive ends. No worry though, they'll have that fixed by the next game and I feel sorry for the poor sob on the side keeping his eye on the pass knowing what's coming up behind him. Texas took 628 yards for the most ever in sec history and the first opponent to score over 40 against Bama in 6-7 years. Still though, bama took 568 yards against the Texas D. The Bama offensive line took the Texas D to school leaving AJ time to make a sandwich in the pocket much less for a man to get open. Bama played typical Bama football. Obliterate them the first half and check out for the 2nd. Texas fought back from 34-14 to end at 49-42 bama. All in all it was a flat out awesome powerhouse SEC vs SEC game and I'm proud to say Texas lived up to the standards now being part of SEC football. LSU is playing some damn good ball this year also at number 8 and 3-0. But have really yet to be tested. They play auburn next weekend and well see what theyre made of. Both bama and texas will need to get through LSU to have a shot at the championship. If the bucks think they have what it takes to make a run at the SEC title, I mean BCS title, they better bring some football not seen in over decade to the table. Im telling you guys. If bama goes down look for texas at the championship I fully expect them to with the 9 remaining after what I saw today. As for OSU if they make it i think itll be another LSU and Florida type game, they'll have some stiff competition from the boys in the south.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
:smiley_blablabla::smiley_blablabla::smiley_blablabla:

Yesterday leaves question marks in my mind. The only known fact after yesterday? You never know what is going to happen on college game day.

I do agree the highlights I saw made it look like a pretty good game to watch.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I watched the 2nd half, it was definitly a hell of a battle both ways. I'm not a fan of Johnny Manzel, but he played a real good game. Bama is just too well rounded, and gonna be hard to bear this year.

Huckleberry Finn

I caught part of the game.

AJ McCarron desires a LOT more press that he is getting. Kid is a proven champion, keeps his nose clean. He's got how many rings, launched a supermodel's career, and kind of just does this thing.

Gay ass tattoo though!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yeah, I agree Joe. There will be some one loss teams good enough to win the N.C. Texas A&M is one of them as long as Lil Johnny stays healthy. I think Oregon looks pretty damn impressive.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I watched the Oregon highlights as well. Impressive how quickly they score when they have possession. Much like our deer contest, the NC game is still completely up for grabs at this point. I am a huge Buckeye fan but I can be objective. If they want to hang with Bama, the Ducks, Texas A&M, or possibly LSU (haven't seen any of their highlights or games yet), their defense better step up and they would need to be healthy with steady improvement thru the season. There are a lot of darn good teams out there year in and year out.

In two more weeks I won't care who won or lost though. If I have time to sit around and watch tv on a Saturday I won't be. I will be in a tree stand. lol