Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

He's still in there

Bowlowe

Pulled cam card last night, this is the same buck from my previous post. When do you guys think they'll start moving on daylight hours or is it possible he's just become nocturnal....all my pics of him are at night 003.jpg004.jpg

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
He may just be a night owl. All of my pics are currently during the day....which is a change for mature deer around my parts.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
He may just be a night owl. All of my pics are currently during the day....which is a change for mature deer around my parts.

Or he could be a traveler, living down the road a bit.

Wait and see what happens with this cooler weather moving in. You should have a better idea next weekend.

Bowlowe

Thanks Fluteman, sure hope he starts moving a little earlier. Beentown you might be right but it just dawned on me the farmer is still out in the field everyday probably till 2nd week of October picking sweet corn, hopefully when that settles down we'll get some more daytime movement

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was thinking along the same lines as Beentown. Maybe he is traveling thru at night to feed?

Darn nice buck though. Best of luck to you!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you're not seeing him in sept or early oct during the day you'll have a good chance late oct early nov that's for sure.... He's a good shooter and I hope too see a hero picture of you with him....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice deer! Regardless of the patterns they're on now they'll be changing it in about 2 weeks. Lol

Good luck with him!

Bowlowe

Thanks for the reply's guys keep ya posted on him and how our season goes....hopin for a good one

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
IMO, he is on his feet during daylight hours closer to his bedding area. In otherwords, find his bed, be it, standing corn or pine thicket, and I assure you he's up and at it before dark.

Is there standing corn around? If so, move your camera closer to it and then see what happens. Good luck this season!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You also need to consider the fact he may "never" be on his feet during daylight. Meaning he could be almost entirely nocturnal and when he is up in daylight, doesn't go far. Some deer just don't move when it's light out unless a hot piece of tail has their attention.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
He is a dandy and he didn't get that way by being in the daylight. Get after him the end of October and beginning of November that may increase your odds. Good luck with him.